Senior Planner, Multicultural Marketing Strategy
We are beginning our search for our Senior Planner, Multicultural Marketing Strategy.
This Senior Planner, Multicultural Marketing Strategy will work closely with the multicultural marketing strategy, communications, and serve as the voice of the multicultural consumer, ensuring that strategies developed and campaigns executed are consistent with the values, ideals, and perceptions of the multicultural audience and perceived as authentic representations.
Areas of Focus:
Lead and Guide MC Brand/Creative Strategy Development
- Works closely with brand planners to ensure the seamless integration of MC insights to support current clients and prospects (New Business pitches)
- Understands multicultural (MC) audiences, market/industry trends, competitive strategies and can leverage this knowledge to guide strategies, creative executions, activations and development of multicultural marketing best practices
- Works with Brand teams to ensure that all multicultural strategies, creative executions, initiatives and activations are consistent with the brand strategy and positioning in mind
- Consulting on MC areas of the total market initiatives and providing feedback on all MC creative content review to ensure MC-targeted creative work is delivered with authenticity
Lead and Guide MC Comms Strategy
- Co-leads the development of MC-related marketing strategy briefs, i.e. cultural months (Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month), MC-related media partnerships (Community, Minority Owned companies, LGBTQ, etc.), with the support of the Communications and Brands when applicable.
- Manages the MC marketing briefs collaboration, integration, and execution in MC tent pole media, events and activations
- Partners with Communications in creating the amplification plan of agency DEI and Multicultural work.
Create and Manage Agency MC/DEI Strategy
- Maintains an agency-wide multicultural/DEI calendar
- Manages the development and delivery of an integrated MC marketing strategy across all agency channels by partnering with cross-functional teams/disciplines to ensure successful execution of MC-related campaigns
- Helps identify MC/DEI development opportunities for employees and clients
- Leads First party data collection (Example: Focus groups)
- Helps manage the Multicultural Business Council
- Helps gather and disseminate MC insights across the network
- Update and co-manages CL MC libraries
- Supports Multicultural and DEI programming
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 19 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (E.g. Business/Strategy, Marketing, Analytics)
- Media planner experience preferred
- Languages: Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Experience: 3-5 years of multicultural marketing experience. Comprehensive understanding of advertising and marketing principles and processes, with developed creative and strategic instincts. Effectively use MC data to generate insights. Strong attention to detail and creative problem solver.
- Experience working with and managing agency partners (i.e., strategy, creative development, media, community, communications, etc.)
- Software Skills: Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.