Head of Production
We are seeking a Director of Integrated Production.
The Integrated Production Department at Carmichael Lynch (CL) is a creatively led team that focuses on craft, efficiency, collaboration, problem-solving and storytelling. We are a talented mix of proactive, curious and kind people who love to use both the left and right sides of our brain.
As Head of Integrated Production, you set the vision and structure for the production functions within Carmichael Lynch. You lead, grow, advocate for, and inspire all the disciplines within the department and promote a deep sense of collaboration, accountability, and teamwork across the agency. You will partner closely with the Managing Partners and Senior Leadership Team to amplify and exemplify CL’s values in leadership and creative output, partnering to operationalize best practices, efficient and affordable solutions while setting quality standards for the work. You will work closely with Creative leaders, Account leaders and Project Managers to ensure that production partners with all disciplines from the onset of a job to ensure efficient, strategic, and well-crafted creative work.
You’ll responsible for overseeing Content Producers, Digital Producers, Business Affairs, Studio Artists, Print/Fabrication Producers, Editors and Visual Artists. You are a guide, advocate and mentor for all of CL internal production capabilities, empowering and elevating the entire department to become experts at navigating all types of production and ensuring deep collaboration and clear communication across the broader team. You will foster an honest, nimble, resilient, transparent, supportive and highly creative environment for making all kinds of work (moved from below).
You will occasionally directly produce projects. You will shape and evolve the production processes and continue to grow our external network of creative partnerships. You will stay up to date on emerging talent, elevate historically underrepresented talent, and continue to evolve current production initiatives while being a fair, honest and kind representative of CL to our outside partners.
You will bring the temperament, EQ and discipline to build people up through steady and supportive people management. You will build and maintain a solid organizational structure with thoughtful performance management, resource allocation and hiring strategy.
You will have an intimate knowledge of the CL and client’s business needs and goals and bring a future focused solutions-oriented mindset to the ever-changing priorities of the work. You will build and foster relationships with all internal teams as a resource for production questions, scope of work forecasting, budgeting, innovative problem solving. You will empower and enable all the EP’s to do the same.
You support Business Affairs and Talent Specialists to navigate the ever-evolving world of SAG and educate brand teams and clients on SAG rules, evolving protocols and production risks. You will advise internal studio and content makers to ensure competitive rates and constantly evolving processes to ensure we continue to do the best work in modern ways.
Note: These are the major functions and accountabilities required of the position and are the predominant criteria by which performance will be assessed. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Leading and shaping the production vision for Carmichael Lynch and our clients
- Mentoring and managing a tight inclusive integrated production team that supports, advises and shares knowledge on a regular basis.
- Partnership with Senior Leaders across disciplines with a variety of styles and backgrounds to continue to maintain CL’s creative mission and uphold our values in all we do.
- Regular check-ins with Chief Creative Officer and Chief Financial Officer to help support your growth, execute your vision and set production up for success
- Professional development in both leadership and production (biannual performance reviews, training opportunities related to your field of development, , etc.).
- A competitive, equitable salary (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness).
- A vibrant, continually evolving diversity, equity and inclusion belief in thought and action, encompassing our agency and our employee resource groups (ERGs), recognizing all voices need to be heard.
- Competitive, company- and employee-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 12-week maternity leave, six-week parental leave, 20 paid company holidays, family-building benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a daring leader who values collaboration over ego. You are direct, honest and always kind. You are not afraid to have hard conversations and you stay curious, open and solutions oriented in challenging situations.
- You model reliability, accountability and integrity in all your professional relationships.
- You are an inclusive and engaged leader who values equity, diversity, and community. You foster an environment of belonging and collaboration for all.
- You like to wrap up every last detail, keep people informed, take pride in a well-crafted email and can multi-task both large and small details, while staying present and focused on the task at hand.
- You are confident in what you know and equally confident that you have a lot to learn. You approach every opportunity with an open, curious mind.
- You enjoy mentoring others and help them find their own superpowers, while not micro-managing or mandating specific approaches.
- You are confident in your production experience and have a solid network of support to find solutions to new challenges, advocate for the best production approach to support the creative vision and can inspire others to take calculated risk to elevate the work.
- You like partnering with others and value building authentic relationships with people. You are approachable for others to ask questions, challenge your thinking and have direct, honest conversations based on respect and collaboration.
- You have a creative point of view and a solution-focused mind. You are able to articulate your thoughts and production facts clearly to a dynamic group of people
- You understand the value of creative partnership with various types of collaborators and are inspired by challenges big and small.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
- 10-15 years of production experience, preferably in an agency setting or other industry-related experience – including management experience.
- Masterful understanding of production phases in all facets and mediums of production and their respective processes, with a flexible curious mind to help evolve and modernize production.
- Solid understanding of SAG and non-union guidelines with significant experience with social production.
- Negotiated and managed multiple large bids and/or overall budgets for productions with multiple partners.
- Managed personal workload and time management while mentoring others.
- Simultaneously think and express ideas both strategically and tactically, ensuring your information is tailored to the production experience of your audience. Able to explain complex production realties in lay terms and ensure all feel empowered and clear on the overall production plan and process.
- Demonstrated strength and resilience through change and challenges.
- Led dynamic teams and effectively collaborated with multiple personalities at various levels.
- Delivered direct and clear feedback – both positive and negative – in a timely, transparent, and kind way.
- Demonstrated clear communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Taken initiative to learn new skills (not necessarily production) motivated by your insatiable curiosity.