Sr. Media Planner
We are looking to add to our Media Team. We are seeking a Sr. Media Planner.
The Sr. Media Planner is responsible for developing and managing the implementation of Media plans. This role is also responsible for the administration, financial management, reporting and optimization recommendations/ implementation. Other responsibilities include development of POVs based on media valuation, budget tracking and management, and maintaining good vendor relationships
In addition, this role is responsible to support business improvement by meeting personal and departmental goals and objectives timely and effectively.
Areas of Focus:
Disciplined Business Leader
- Decisive and insightful in forming strategies to meet client objectives
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of client business and how to achieve results
- Understands client objectives, resources, and pros/cons of approaches to address them
- Fulfills role on team seamlessly, working and managing with urgency
- Demonstrates initiative to learn business planning from supervisors
- Applies industry change in evolving approach for client business
- Proactively seeks to redefine status quo with media partners and clients
- Leverages insights regarding target consumer and media's role in communications
- Teaches media concepts, application, and Media philosophy to reports
- Proactively measures activity to continually improve client results
- Demonstrates initiative to learn systems and resources of department and agency
- Effectively manages internal relationships in and across departments
- Effectively manages a team to ensure work is high quality and on time
- Develops positive working relationships with outside vendors
- Maintains a professional, can-do attitude at all times
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to lead projects
- Fosters trust among supervisors and ability to take on more responsibility
- Maintains effective communication, responding quickly and accurately
- Contributes to a positive departmental and agency culture
What We Believe:
We believe that when the best of strategy and creativity come together, brands stand apart.
Our Hiring Philosophy:
Carmichael Lynch is committed to creating a diverse, safe and welcoming workplace with opportunity for all. We strive for inclusion, equity and diversity in both our words and actions. BIPOC, women, marginalized communities, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To learn more, please visit: https://www.carmichaellynch.com/about/
What’s In It for You:
- Professional Development (performance reviews 2x annually, training opportunities related to your field of development, one-on-ones with managers, etc.)
- We offer competitive, equitable salaries (reviewed annually to ensure equity and competitiveness)
- A strong, vibrant, continually-evolving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion belief (in thought and action), encompassing our agency and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognizing the voices that need to be heard.
- Competitive, company and employee sponsored benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (company matched 50% of first 6%), PTO (vacation/sick time) allowance, 18-week maternity leave, 12-week parental leave, 19 paid company holidays, Family Building Benefit (adoption, surrogacy benefit), tuition reimbursement and much more.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years of media planning and program management experience (current title should be Media Planner or greater).
- Digital experience required.
- Solid background working with traditional media planning/buying within an agency environment.
- Experience managing multiple clients, multiple departmental teams.
- Exposure to planning all media channels, both nationally and locally.
- Exposure and experience with core planning tools and systems.
- Strong mathematical abilities required.
- Strong experience delivering programs from hypothetical to flawless real world execution is a requirement.
- Strong negotiation skills and multi-media integrated packages experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple forms of digital delivery such as online display, mobile and search.
- Well-versed in ad serving, behavioral targeting, media and analytics.