Actuaries are responsible for measuring and evaluating risk utilizing data analytics. They will also help us to design and build best in class products by evaluating and making recommendations for improving processes. If you are someone who doesn’t shy away from rolling up your sleeves and diving in, this position may be for you.
- Participate in Product Design meetings, and assist in the product design, development and testing process
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Provide expertise to customers and internally using Certilytic’s advanced analytic techniques applied to actuarial, financial and underwriting concepts
- Assist with the development of reports and projects, including documenting methodology, designing reporting, and making recommendations based upon data analysis
- Identify complex healthcare data problems or issues, researches solutions, and implement steps to achieve higher level of efficiency for Certilytics analytic product offerings
- Provides analytical support to the Product Design, Data Science, Clinical, Data Logistics, and Operational Teams
- Conduct research and perform root cause analysis as part of responsibility for analytics projects
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Finance or related field.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), Associate of Society of Actuaries (ASA) designation, or progressing towards ASA designation
- A minimum of 4 years actuarial experience.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry actuarial concepts, including trend, risk adjustment, care management, provider contracting, product pricing, underwriting principles and stop-loss.
- Understanding of healthcare operations from perspective of payer, PBM and provider.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SQL.
- Strong actuarial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid lines of business preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Ability to communicate business and technical information to people of various backgrounds.
- Stays current with profession’s continuing education requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
BENEFITS EFFECTIVE ON DATE OF HIRE
Automatic Payroll Deposit: Paychecks can be automatically deposited into a maximum of three different accounts at no cost to the associate.
401(k) Retirement Plan: Associates may contribute up to 100% of base salary on a pre -tax basis. Personal contributions are 100% vested. Certilytics will match 33.3% of the first 6%. The company match is vested over a three year period.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): When you or your immediate family members need a hand balancing work, life and personal issues, Certilytics provides professional assistance, at no cost to you.
Paid Time Off (PTO): PTO is designed for the professional associate to be able to take PTO as necessary based on meeting deliverables, departmental needs, and staffing, allowing for work life balance.
Paid Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day.
Medical Coverage – Anthem High Deductible with HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) OR High Deductible with HAS (Health Saving Account)
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D): company paid
term life insurance and AD&D coverage equal to 2X your annual base salary. In addition, each dependent will receive coverage of $2,000.
Group Term Life Insurance (GTL): This benefit provides optional employee life insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts: (Healthcare and Dependent Care): Associates may contribute up to $3,050 annually on a pre-tax basis for Healthcare and up to $5,000 annually for Dependent Care.
LegalCare®: This benefit includes coverage for legal office work, buying and selling a home, adoption, administrative hearings, debt collection defense and more.
Voluntary Accident: This benefit provides coverage for a variety of accidents including lacerations, fractures, emergency treatment, etc.
Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance: This benefit includes coverage for major illnesses. You may select a base policy of $10,000 or $15,000.
BENEFITS EFFECTIVE AFTER 90 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT