Data Scientist (Remote)
About The Role
Certilytics is the leading data and predictive analytics partner transforming the country’s largest and most advanced healthcare organizations. We turn data into opportunity.
You will develop, implement, and interpret causal inference analyses in order to determine the ROI for specific healthcare programs. Clients frequently request that we evaluate their healthcare program’s efficacy at reducing costs and negative outcomes, such as ER admissions, while improving positive outcomes, such as medication adherence. As part of our team you will focus on grounding our methodologies in theory and expanding data science capabilities and breadth within the organization.
What You'll Accomplish!
- Research new ideas, new models, and new causal inference methodologies. Develop proofs of concept and answer research questions relevant to Certilytics and our models.
- Ensure our models and analyses are mathematically sound.
- Write research-quality documentation to demonstrate the theoretical grounding of our work.
- Perform causal analyses for clients to estimate the efficacy of their healthcare programs.
What You’ll Need
- Data science related programming skills as evidenced by 3+ years of experience with the R statistical programming language
- Familiarity with Git and Markdown
- A solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Graduate level statistical and mathematical background via a Masters in a quantitative discipline (g., biostatistics, statistics, computer science, applied mathematics)
- Strong writing skills in academic-style writing
- Ability to collaborate across teams and answer complex questions that arise from various teams
- Ability to distill difficult concepts down to layman’s terms
- Comfort with data big and small
How to Stand Out!
- PhD with a statistical or causal analysis component to the dissertation (regardless of discipline)
- Expertise in causal inference
- You’ve published in an academic journal, conference, or similar
- Domain experience in a healthcare-related industry
- Development of an R package published to CRAN or GitHub
- Familiarity with Bayesian statistics and programming
- Access to one of the largest clinical datasets in the industry! Datasets include medical claims, pharmacy claims, and laboratory data.
- Impactful work! We’re big enough to have the freedom to take on interesting projects, but small enough that your work is always important and highly visible within the organization.
- Remote friendly! The Certilytics Data Science team is distributed across the US with occasional destination team meetings to solve lingering questions or brainstorm new ideas in person.