Certilytics provides sophisticated predictive analytics solutions to major healthcare organizations by integrating financial, clinical, and behavioral insights. Our team represents a dynamic infusion of multidiscipline, which includes actuarial, data and behavioral scientists, IT engineers, software developers, nurse clinicians, as well as experts in public health and the health insurance industry. Certilytics has extensive experience working with a diverse set of customers including large self-insured employers, health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, government programs, care management companies and health systems. These relationships with various data providers and customers allows for rapid data ingestion, validation and enrichment as well as streamlined delivery of analytic dashboards, outputs and visualizations to our customers. Our unique approach allows for the development of the most accurate financial, clinical and behavioral models in the industry.
We’re looking for a well-rounded data scientist to join the Data Science team at Certilytics. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong grounding in advanced statistical theory and deep understanding of advanced machine learning disciplines. This person is the traditional data scientist who exhibits strong skills in programming and in a wide range of theoretical disciplines such as causal modeling, Bayesian and frequentist methods, artificial neural networks, among others. As part of our team you will focus on grounding our methodologies in theory and expanding data science capabilities and breadth within the organization.
What You'll Accomplish
- Research new ideas, new models, and new methodologies. Develop proofs of concept and answer research questions relevant to Certilytics and our models.
- Ensure our models and analyses are mathematically sound.
- Write research-quality documentation to demonstrate the theoretical grounding of our work.
What You’ll Need
- Data science related programming skills as evidenced by 3+ years of hands on experience with statistical software tools and scripting languages, preferably Python and or R. You should also be familiar with Git and Markdown and possess a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Graduate level statistical and mathematical background via a Masters in a quantitative discipline (eg. statistics, mathematics, physics, computer science, operations research).
- Strong writing skills in academic-style writing.
- Ability to collaborate across teams and answer complex questions that arise from various teams.
- Ability to distill difficult concepts down to layman’s terms.
- Comfort with data big and small.
How to stand out!
- PhD in a quantitative discipline.
- You’ve published in an academic journal, conference, or similar.
- A flair for data visualization.
- Domain experience in a healthcare-related industry.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, containers (docker or kubernetes), and/or distributed computing.
- Access to one of the largest clinical datasets in the industry that includes medical claims, pharmacy claims, and laboratory data.
- Impactful work. We’re big enough to have the freedom to take on interesting projects, but small enough that your work is always important and highly visible within the organization.
- Remote friendly. The Certilytics data science team is distributed throughout the US and have regular in-person working sessions for all of those little things that are hard to accomplish over Teams.