Administrative Clerk I - Entry Level - Swansea MA
Schedule (include days and times)
Primary purpose is to win each day by delivering extraordinary service and value to each customer every day. An Administrative Clerk is responsible for producing favorable outcomes for all customers, fellow team members, the company and the communities we serve. The Administrative Clerk is responsible for providing administrative, financial and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. This includes handling dispatching services with outside vendors needed for any building repair requests for all of our Cardi's Furniture and Mattress locations. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that customer accounts are accurate and balanced within established time limits and to ensure all building maintenance requests are researched and resolved in a timely manner.
PAY $18.00 Hourly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform the day to day processing and reconciliation of Bank Req's
- Address building maintenance requests as they are received to ensure building concerns are addressed in a timely manner with applicable vendors
- Obtaining quotes and negotiating pricing for any building maintenance repairs
- Data Entry
- Maintaining various spreadsheets for accounting department.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies / issues, inquiries timely and effectively
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
- Maintain filling system for all financial documents
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial files
- Answer incoming external and internal calls in a professional, timely and satisfactory manner and resolve all questions, requests and changes to ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
- Assist in incoming operator calls
- Interact with customers, sales staff and other departments via e-mail and telephone
- Demonstrate a customer focused attitude consistent with company guidelines
- Interact with other departments and vendors as necessary to resolve, prevent problems and improve existing procedures and systems. Communicate clear and precise information to various departments to in turn provide better service to the customer.
- Assist with on-the-job training for new associates
- Attend training to improve and reinforce own knowledge and skills
- Attend department meetings
- Assists other departments as directed by manager or supervisor
- Perform other functions as needed and required
- Follows all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Reports to management any potential safety issues, hazards or violations.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of the role.
This position has no management/supervisory responsibilities..
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment. Ability to work independently. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Proficient with Word and Excel, and working knowledge of computer operating systems. Basic knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers is helpful. Ability to maintain high levell of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information. Time management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality. Be honest and trustworthy; demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Job Knowledge
- Work Quality / Work Quantity
- Customer Focus
- Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
- Communication / Active Listening
- Accountability / Integrity
- Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
- Emotional Stability / Adaptability
- Emotional Intelligence
- Organization / Time Management
WORKING ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work performed in an office environment. Extensive amount of sitting and using office equipment and computers. Average mobility to move around an office environment and ability to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time. Working area is in a busy, open area office. Sensory demands - spends extensive time in intense concentration on a computer which requires attention to detail and high levels of accuracy. Must meet deadlines.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or wthout notice.
Education/ Certification/ Licensure
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED) required.
A minimum of two (2) years of administrative, accounting or bookkeeping experience preferred but not required.
This position is located at 1 Furniture Way, Swansea, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.