Customer Service Representative I - Part Time - Swansea MA
Schedule (include days and times)
Our Customer Service Representatives – Business Office are friendly, energetic individuals who provide quality service to our customers. Whether they're answering phone calls, processing invoices, or assisting guests with their transactions, the ideal candidate will bring a positive and customer-focused attitude! Are you passionate about working with people and providing outstanding customer service? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you about a career at Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses!
Pay $17.00 Hourly
Primary purpose is to win each day by delivering extraordinary service and value to each customer, every day. A Business Office Customer Service Representative I is responsible for producing favorable outcomes for all customers, fellow team members, the company and the communities we serve. A Business Office Customer Service Representative I is accountable for reaching the company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets all customers.
- Provide customer service and clerical support for the stores.
- Determine customers needs using proper inquiries.
- Recognize and overcome customer objections.
- Process customer orders and returns, verify inventory status, scheduled pick-ups and deliveries.
- Process invoices, payments via cash, check, credit card and financing for guest’s purchases.
- Balance cash drawer and determine the deposit.
- Maintain daily reports and email.
- Act as liaison between the guest and other departments.
- Contact guests regarding availability of merchandise, delivery and customer pick-up services, and overdue payments on accounts
- Assist and follow-up with customers telephoning or coming into the store in resolving their questions, concerns and issues on purchases or direct them to the appropriate person or department.
- Ensure all required customer and merchandise information including customers concern(s) is accurately documented in the computer system.
- Adjust customers invoice due to cancellation of items or orders, merchandise refused or damaged on delivery, merchandise price change, etc.
- Assists with training and development of other associates.
- Complies with all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of role functions.
- Attend department / company meetings as required
- Performs other functions as needed and required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Proficient with Word and Excel, and working knowledge of computer operating system.
• Job Knowledge
• Work Quality / Work Quantity
• Customer Focus
• Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
• Communication / Active Listening
• Accountability / Integrity
• Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
• Emotional Stability / Adaptability
• Emotional Intelligence
• Organization / Time Management
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work performed in an office environment within a store. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopies and fax machines. Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment. Frequently needs to stand, sit on a stool (counter height), and climb on and off the stool when assisting guests at the counter. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
A minimum of two (2) years of customer service or retail experience.
This position is located at 1 Furniture Way, Swansea, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.