Inventory & Supplies Clerk - Full Time - Swansea MA ( Entry Level )
Schedule (include days and times)
This is an entry-level position. This position participates in balancing inventory movement and the management of return to vendor merchandise. Answer operator and customer service level 1 calls in a timely and professional manner. It serves as backup to the physical store inventory cycles, as needed. The Inventory & Supplies Associate is also responsible for the locating, quoting, ordering, maintenance, distribution and re-ordering of all company supplies. This position is responsible for creating the most accurate inventory of supplies possible, ensures that supplies are delivered on time and in the quantity requested or needed by all departments or stores and ensures that company standards are being met. It
Pay $ 17.00 Hourly
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes daily inventory reports, creates labels and handles all inventory related inquires/questions.
- Works with distribution center on balancing inventory movement in the computer system.
- Works with internal department and vendors in regards to return to vendor merchandise
- Orders, tracks, inventories and distributes supplies to all locations.
- Source price quotations and prepare purchase requests for supplies
- Assists when needed in Inventory Receiving procedure functions; this requires a temporary change in schedule for the day(s) performing this function to start at 7:00am and end at 3:30pm.
- Assist when needed, in performing physical store inventory cycles.
- Handles operator and customer service level 1 calls.
- Offers flexibility and ability to assist others with their duties as time permits; cross-train with others in order to back them up in case of absence.
- Perform other duties and special projects as needed.
MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (including job titles of direct reports):
This position has no management / supervisory responsibilities.
1. Customer Focus.
2. Accountability (for actions and results)
3. Communication Proficiency
7. Integrity - Ethics
8. Cultural Fit
9. Stability - Commitment
11. Drive for Results
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required.
Education/Certification/Licensure/Experience: High school diploma.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
Demonstrated ability in planning and managing multiple projects; effective decision making; and in problem analysis and problem resolution. Detailed oriented with excellent organizational skills. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Should possess basic knowledge and ability to operate a PC. Proficient in Word and Excel.
Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopies, printers and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Unless while performing showroom inventory cycles, which requires continuous walking, bending, movement and reaching. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for supply boxes, files and computer reports.
Occasional travel to various store locations.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Flexible schedule (nights, weekends and key days as business requires).
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position is located at 1 Furniture Way, Swansea, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.