Call Center Representative I - Full Time - Swansea MA
Schedule (include days and times)
Our Customer Service Representatives – Call Center associates are friendly, energetic individuals who provide quality service to our customers. Whether they're answering phone calls and assisting customers with their inquiries, scheduling deliveries or service calls, the ideal candidate will bring a positive and customer-focused attitude! Are you passionate about working with people and providing outstanding customer service? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you about a career at Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses!
PAY $19.00 PER HOUR
To ensure customer satisfaction by resolving all issues as they arise and proactively managing customer expectations with the goal of preventing concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and answer a large amounts of inbound and outbound calls and electronic messages in a professional, timely and satisfactory manner and resolve all questions, requests and changes to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Follow communication "scripts" when handling different topics.
- Identify customers needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives.
- Resolve product or service concerns by clarifying the customer's complaint, determining the cause of the concern; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the concern; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Seize opportunities to upsell products or services when they arise
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication and engage customers by taking the extra mile.
- Promptly respond to all e-mails and complete tasks associated with them.
- Schedule and create delivery/services while making sure of account accuracy (address, contact information, delivery/service instructions).
- Follow-up with customers regarding their calls, letters or e-mails regarding their concern in a timely manner to resolve any and all customer issues.
- Ensure all required customer and merchandise information including customer's concern(s) is accurately documented in the company's operating computer system. This includes providing details and keeping records of the situation and how it's being resolved in the company's computer system in a comprehensible way.
- Determine appropriate action for the customer by investigating if the merchandise is under warranty and which warranty applies or, if the merchandise can be repaired.
- Responsible for contacting the manufacturer or warranty company regarding warranty questions.
- Determine who is responsible for the cost of the service call.
- Schedule and create even exchanges, return authorizations and in home service orders accurately in the system.
- Schedule appointments for service calls to customer's homes, receive and document calls from in-home service technicians when they have completed a call or delivery.
- Ensure notes on service calls are kept up to date in the system at all times, follow up with customer to ensure the service call was completed satisfactorily; document in the system.
- Order parts and monitor parts orders with factories.
- Review weekly open service calls report, make follow up calls to customers.
- Coordinate in-store repairs by setting up appointments for pickup and delivery.
- Keep abreast of new or changes in manufacturers’ and Cardi’s warranty programs, and where to locate warranty information.
- Communicate effectively the features and benefits of the warranty programs.
- Interact with other departments as necessary to resolve, prevent problems and improve existing procedures and systems. Communicate clear and precise information to various departments to in turn provide better service to the customer.
- Show patience, compassion, and empathy. Control own emotions when dealing with an unhappy customer and maintain professional and call demeanor and voice throughout the entire interaction.
- Reports promptly errors found to management and assists, if necessary, in resolving the errors.
- Provides feedback to management for possible improvements.
- Attend all training and department/company meetings to improve knowledge and performance level.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Assists with training and development of other associates, including on-the-job training for new associates.
- Participates in training sessions, which will improve and reinforce own knowledge and skills.
- Attend department and company meetings as required.
- Translating with non-English speaking customers if able.
- Completes all documentation neatly, accurately and timely.
- Complies with all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Reports to management potential safety issues, hazards or violations.
- Assists in maintaining security by reporting suspicious activity to management.
- Embraces change by supporting and championing organizational change initiatives.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of role functions.
- Perform other functions as needed and required
This position has no management / supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate effectively in English language, both verbally and in writing with customers and employees of the organization.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions, correspondence, memos, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical aptitude to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and manage time effectively.
Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Customer focus and adaptability to different personality communication styles.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
Working knowledge of computer operating system.
Strong knowledge of manufacturer’s warranties and policies; and demonstrated ability to sell.
Ability to adapt and remain calm under pressure in a fast paced, changing environment.
Ability to show compassion/empathy to internal and external customers.
Ability to serve a constant stream of customers.
Ability to deal with angry or frustrated customers, or customers who may not fully understand their situation. Ability to deal with people in an uplifting manner; ability to solve problems; ability to be a quick thinker, research and troubleshoot.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Regularly sit while answering phones and stand when talking to a customer in person. Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel object tools or controls; regularly repeat the same movements when entering data; regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand; regularly understand the speech of another person; frequently focus on one source of sound and ignore others. Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. May sit or stand for an extended period of time depending on the task being performed; uses hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs when inspecting merchandise. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
Prior retail customer service or retail experience preferred.
This position is located at 1 Furniture Way, Swansea, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.