Customer Service Rep I - Full Time Floater - South Attleboro MA
Schedule (include days and times)
Our Customer Service Representatives – Business Office are friendly, energetic individuals who provide quality service to our customers. Whether they're answering phone calls, processing invoices, or assisting guests with their transactions, the ideal candidate will bring a positive and customer-focused attitude! Are you passionate about working with people and providing outstanding customer service? If you answered yes, we want to talk to you about a career at Cardi’s Furniture & Mattresses!
TRAVEL BETWEEN LOCATIONS REQUIRED
Primary purpose is to win each day by delivering extraordinary service and value to each customer, every day. A Business Office Customer Service Representative I is responsible for producing favorable outcomes for all customers, fellow team members, the company and the communities we serve. A Business Office Customer Service Representative I is accountable for reaching the company goals and objectives. This position does require the associate to travel using own form of transportation to various locations.
Provide customer service and clerical support for the stores. Assist guests in resolving their questions, concerns and issues on purchases. Process invoices, payments and adjustments for guest’s purchases, and balance cash drawer. Contact guests regarding availability of merchandise, delivery and customer pick-up services, and overdue payments on accounts. Act as liaison between the guest and other departments. Perform clerical duties to support guest deliveries and the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets all customers.
- Determine customers’ needs using proper inquiries.
- Recognize and overcome customer objections.
- Process customer orders and returns, verify inventory status, schedule pick-ups and deliveries.
- Estimate delivery dates to customer, based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Ask for customers’ email address 100% of the time.
- Process cash, check, credit card and finance transactions.
- Comply with the check and payment acceptance policies
- Balance the books and determine the deposit
- Collect and distribute memos, mail, and faxes.
- Maintain daily reports
- Assist customers telephoning or coming in to the store in resolving their questions, concerns and issues on purchases or direct them to the appropriate person or department.
- Follow-up with customers regarding their communication of concern.
- Ensure all required customer and merchandise information including customer’s concern(s) is accurately documented in the computer system.
- Process customer invoices (may create the invoice) and payments (by cash, check, bankcard, or financing) on purchases (including lay-away / price protection items).
- Adjust customer’s invoice due to cancellations of items or orders, merchandise refused or damaged on delivery, merchandise price change, etc.
- Balance cash drawer daily at the beginning and end of shift including preparing bank deposit.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation is completed for large cash payments (cash compliance form and IRS Form 8300).
- Support the loss prevention policies by adhering to the counterfeit money procedures and personal check guidelines as well as customer pick-up and phone order verification.
- Assist customers regarding:
o Merchandise availability (i.e. in stock, delay in shipping or change in status such as dropped or discontinued) including special orders and back orders.
o Schedule delivery or customer pick-up.
o Pre-delivery courtesy calls confirming/verifying delivery information.
o Post-delivery courtesy calls ensuring the delivery service and merchandise were satisfactory.
o Overdue payments on accounts.
- Support merchandise delivery by:
o Review future scheduled deliveries and resolve any issues that may hamper the delivery on the day scheduled (e.g. incomplete delivery instructions, back-orders, etc).
- Review lay-away records for activity; mail letters or post cards to guests as appropriate.
- Update customer’s order with guest’s comments and notes regarding contact with guest.
- Coordinate the movement of floor sample merchandise to the warehouse for delivery or customer pick-up.
- Schedule appointments for service calls to customers’ homes.
- Keep abreast of new or changes in manufacturers’ and Cardi’s warranty programs, and where to locate warranty information.
- Communicate effectively the features and benefits of the warranty programs.
- Maintains a professional, well-groomed appearance.
- Demonstrate customer-focused attitude consistent with company guidelines.
- Support other Customer Service Representatives as assigned.
- Provides sales support to showroom management as needed.
- Inventories and assists in ordering office supplies.
- Arranges office equipment repairs as needed.
- Assuring a positive customer experience.
- Support management and peers, train and assist as needed.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Adjust scheduled hours to meet store needs.
- Consistently demonstrate customer service skills.
- Customer service accuracy, i.e. writing invoice, service orders, return orders, etc.
- Assist mattress stores in business office responsibilities.
- Have a good understating of customer account computer screens and assist customers with inquiries regarding payments and forms of payment, credits applied and refunds processed.
- Handle the system down procedure, contacting the helpdesk, coordinate staff, sales and management with handwritten orders, utilizing the adding machine, keying orders when the system is back up. Assist other stores on the phone.
- Hand the inventory tags that are printed from the corporate office, checking the system to see if the tag is in the store, obtaining a picture and replacing existing tag on the floor to make the customers experience effortless.
- Collect customer’s paperwork in the store. Going over the paperwork and checking the system to make certain all information obtained is accurate to reduce concerns for the customer
- Fill the PSOE stations with proper paperwork and making certain all equipment is functioning properly
- Answer and address store emails as hourly reports and concerns being emailed need to be addressed / corrected immediately.
- Look for warranty ‘UDL’ coupons in the system, what denotes it being used, being able to see if it was applied to another order, contacting the appropriate people to enter the coupon into the system
- Contact finance company to coordinate orders in the system with financing information. Obtaining and releasing authorizations, obtaining increases, activating accounts. Offering alternative payment methods
- Interact with other departments as necessary to resolve, prevent problems and improve existing procedures and systems. Communicate clear and precise information to various departments to in turn provide better service to the customer.
- Show patience, compassion, and empathy. Control own emotions when dealing with an unhappy customer and maintain professional and call demeanor and voice throughout the entire interaction.
- Demonstrate customer-focused attitude consistent with company guidelines.
- Reports promptly errors found to management and assists, if necessary, in resolving the errors.
- Provides feedback to management for possible improvements.
- Assists with training and development of other associates, including on-the-job training for new associates.
- Participates in training sessions, which will improve and reinforce own knowledge and skills.
- Attend department / company meetings as required.
- Provides total customer satisfaction through interaction, cooperation and working with associates and managers in all departments. This includes translating with non-English speaking customers if able.
- Complies with all applicable company health, safety and quality standards, policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Reports to management potential safety issues, hazards or violations.
- Assists in maintaining security by reporting suspicious activity to management.
- Perform other functions as needed and required.
- Embraces change and supports and champions organizational change initiatives.
- Models company image and culture through positive attitude, spirit of cooperation, appearance and respect for company policies and procedures on every aspect of role functions.
This position has no management / supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Strong customer orientation with excellent interpersonal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills. Proficient with Word and Excel, and working knowledge of computer operating system.
• Job Knowledge
• Work Quality / Work Quantity
• Customer Focus
• Initiative / Decision Making / Judgement
• Communication / Active Listening
• Accountability / Integrity
• Interpersonal Skills / Team Oriented / Collaboration
• Emotional Stability / Adaptability
• Emotional Intelligence
• Organization / Time Management
WORKING ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work performed in an office environment within a store. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, photocopies and fax machines. Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment. Frequently needs to stand, sit on a stool (counter height), and climb on and off the stool when assisting guests at the counter. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
A minimum of two (2) years of customer service or retail experience.
This position is located at 999 Newport Ave, South Attleboro, MA. View the Google Map in full screen.