Operations and Supply Chain
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for passionate individuals to become our next Processing Operators (HTST / Pasteurizers / Vat / Whey) who embody our values and are looking to join America's leader in Hispanic perishables. If you're excited to become part of a winning team, Cacique Foods is the perfect place to grow your career.
- We currently have openings primarily on night shift, either 5 PM to 5 AM on alternating days of the week or Mon-Sat 3 PM to 1:30 AM
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Processing Operator will be responsible for processing raw materials and product in each department in order to maintain quality and achieve consistency with the finished product. This position will operate machinery in the processing departments, ensuring that equipment is running in a safe and proper manner. In addition, the Processing Operator will be responsible for following all GMP, SOP, and safety regulations to maintain a safe and productive working environment.
DUTIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform processing operations
- Operating processing machinery safety and effectively, ensuring that machines are working properly
- Troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner to avoid any delay or standby time
- Complete orders within scheduled time
- Load raw ingredients or other inventory as needed
- Clean machines and work area at the end of shift as applicable
- Notify supervisor immediately about equipment or production problems
- Complete production logs and submit to Supervisor
- Assist colleagues in their job duties when needed
- Attend training programs sponsored by the company such as safety, GMP, Chemical Handling, Lock Out Tag Out, etc.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow all required work safety practices, including but not limited to: Lock Out Tag Out requirements, wearing all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling and fall restraints.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- All Cacique employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality / Food Safety Management Systems, Work Safety Programs, and all company policies and procedures.
- Ability to lead to and exhibit ownership and accountability on production floor
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new task quickly
- Excellent attendance required. This position must be dependable, trustworthy, have a strong work ethic and respect for others.
- Advanced computer skills required.
- Ability to read bar and chart graphs.
- Physically able to stand, walk, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- Ability to stand on production line for extended periods of time.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Basic computer proficiency
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency Required
- Pasteurizer license strongly preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience required in Dairy, Food Processing, Food Service, Assembly Line, or Manufacturing environment
- 2-3 years' pasteurizer or HTST experience strongly preferred
At Cacique, full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short term disability. In addition, we offer vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401(k) with 5% company match, and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located in Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.