Cacique® is the #1 brand of authentic Mexican-style cheeses, cremas, chorizos and salsas in the United States. With a leadership position among the Hispanic population nationwide and over 13 years of consecutive revenue growth, Cacique is poised for continued growth and expansion.
Cacique was founded in 1973 upon the four core values of Family, Quality, Integrity, and Authenticity, and these values continue to provide the foundation for our success and how we work. We look to hire future teammates who embody these values, and who are innovative, resourceful, determined, and catalysts of change. As a dedicated, family-owned company, Cacique offers a rewarding environment in which to thrive and grow your career.
The Industrial Reliability Engineer, reporting to the Director of Engineering, will be a key technical engineering resource for the team, with a focus on packaging equipment. This position will be responsible for managing and executing process and packaging equipment projects including new equipment purchase (capex) projects; installation and relocation projects; reliability and continuous improvement projects; and new product development projects. He/She will also be the key technical support and point of contact for all plant packaging equipment, including automation and controls. The role involves on-site plant support for packaging related issues with equipment, vendors, materials, and suppliers as needed.
Additionally, he/she will provide technical support to Operations, Maintenance, Procurement and Quality/Sanitation to improve and solve issues through root cause analysis, data driven (continuous improvement) tools, and cross functional problem solving tools. Ability to work independently as well as with teams, at various levels in the organization is key to success.
Duties / Essential Job Functions
Be seen as the “subject matter expert” for all packaging related technical questions and issues. Support the production facilities as needed with all packaging or packaging machinery issues.
- Ability to manage and lead project teams with cross functional stakeholders
- Support Operations with packaging related projects and improvement initiatives.
- Lead and support problem identification and resolution projects including new or improved packaging, packaging, processes and other cost savings initiatives.
- Assists with the development of technological innovation in equipment, materials, processing or package design including packaging development specifications.
- Responsible for assuring all assigned projects are seen through to completion within agreed to budgets and timelines
- evelop and maintain excellent working relationships with operations/divisional management and external customers.
- Research and advise on new manufacturing technology.
- Work with equipment designers and manufacturing to develop a cost-effective and working production processes.
Required Experience & Education
- Education/Certifications: BS Packaging Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 5+ years primary and secondary packaging experience, food packaging experience preferred
- Experience with controls, automation, line integration, high speed robotic packaging platforms preferred.
- Able to understand and solve problems that arise in day-to-day operations. Can develop hypotheses and identify data needed to evaluate problem areas.
- Understanding and familiarity with Safety and food safety/Quality programs and regulations (OSHA, GMP, HAACP, PMO, SQF, etc.)
- Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point etc. AutoCAD skills preferred.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (Operators, vendors, and executive leadership).
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
Travel required: 10%
At Cacique, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.