Accounting and Finance
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and has enjoyed 13 years of consecutive revenue growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family-owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for a passionate and talented professional to become our next Controller who embody our values and is looking to join America’s leader in Hispanic perishables.
At Cacique eligible teammates receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short-term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is a key senior executive with a highly visible role among all key constituents. The Controller is responsible for the day-to-day accounting operations including, but not limited to, financial reporting, transaction accounting, month-end close, financial system oversight, internal controls, treasury and payroll. The Controller will be primarily accountable for:
· Leading the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, along with preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP accounting principles, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial results.
· Developing and managing an efficient internal reporting structure, including creation of detailed management reporting packages for presentation to the CFO, senior management team, and Board of Directors.
· Managing the development and implementation of Caciques’ accounting processes, procedures, systems, and internal controls; routinely ensure that these are operating effectively, and that proper security and continuity is in place; monitor data accuracy and drive continuous improvement.
· Serving as subject matter expert to inform the finance organization and business partners across the company on new accounting standards and their impact to the company, and to develop technical accounting awareness; stay current on accounting standards to ensure company compliance.
· Overseeing the preparation and coordination of the year-end audit process and quarterly reviews, and partner effectively with external auditors.
· Managing all areas of tax operations including accounting, planning, compliance, and audits.
· Ensuring tax filings and returns are completed in a timely manner and Caciques’ liability for taxation is minimized.
· Managing all aspects of cash management including oversight of the payroll function.
· B.S in Accounting and CPA, MBA preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of accounting principles for GAAP and an ability to interpret the impact of new accounting principles.
· Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills.
· Comfortable dealing with deadlines.
· Take charge and “roll-up sleeve” attitude.
· 8+ years of progressively responsible accounting experience
o Cost accounting experience and at least 3 + years manufacturing experience
· Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Food industry & CPG experience preferred.
· ERP systems implementation experience, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365
· Experience working in a private equity environment is a strong plus along with experience with debt covenants and lender reporting.
· Demonstrated experience as a well-rounded financial executive with a strong presence and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Established experience in effectively building, leading, developing, and retaining high performance teams in a growth environment; there will be an opportunity to hire strategically to further strengthen the existing team.
· Demonstrated track record of establishing and maintaining a strong internal control environment for financial reporting.
· Confirmed experience in implementing strong processes and value-added technology to facilitate timely, accurate, and relevant reporting.
· Solid working knowledge of tax, including preparation of tax provisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located in Irving, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.