Demand Planner Analyst
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family-owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for a passionate individual to become our next Demand Planning Analyst who embody our values and is looking to join America's leader in Hispanic perishables. The Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. This position leads the dialogue each month for respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing. This position has a very high visibility among all cross functional teams and high potential for growth.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, and develop statistical forecast models.
- Develop and build new product launch forecast plan, new customer forecast plan, and any promotional activities in forecasting tool.
- Monitor daily demand control, highlight the outliers and high deviation SKUs, and provide feedback along with the root cause.
- Cannibalize base business forecast impacted by new product line or market activities.
- Measure forecast accuracy KPIs, evaluate the results, and provide root cause analysis.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs in a bi-weekly cadence.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
- Highlight risk associated with demand changes and provide recommendation.
- Highlight and communicate risks associated with supply plan and provide recommendation.
- Review sales plan, Latest Estimates and demand plan and present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, recommend adjustments for operational forecasts.
- Track and review new product launches and promotional plans with sale and reconcile the discrepancies.
- Collaborate with customer service and provide feedback and direction on order allocation based on the available inventory among various channels, locations, and customers in the most effective and profitable manner that meets company’s sales strategy.
- Review the short code inventory and collaborate with sales team on the exhaustion plan.
- 2+ years' experience with CPG industry.
- Knowledge of Netstock (Demand works) or any other forecasting tool/software such as SAP/APO, Manugistics, or Oracle related to demand planning is required.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, decision making, time management, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish working relationships with various departments and management personnel.
- Advanced computer skills, including but not limited to MS office suite (specifically excel) is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification such as IBF preferred.
This position is located in Dallas, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.