SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
Accounting and Finance
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family-owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
The Cost Accountant is responsible for specified responsibilities including inventory reconciliation, daily cost reports, purchase order reconciliation, and a variety of other basic accounting, bookkeeping, and administrative tasks. This position will be cross trained into multiple tasks/roles.
- Directly responsible for Plant Physical Inventory of Raw Material, Packaging and Finished Goods.
- Manages all inventory so GL accounts tie to perpetual and physical quantities.
- Ensures materials received are processed accurately and timely.
- Verifies items issued to production recorded correctly in the General ledger.
- Verifies all invoices are posted correctly.
- Reports cost of raw materials and labor.
- Compares with budgeted raw material and packaging cost.
- Updates BOMs and standard costs when appropriate.
- Publishes report and facilitates daily conference call.
- Reconciles purchase orders daily for cash requirements.
- Communicates with buyers to log future purchases.
- Ensures future payments are reported on daily cash reports.
- Facilitates month-end processing.
- Produces, enters, and posts journal entries.
- Verifies additional entries.
- Perform other tasks and roles as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Intermediate computer skills (Access, Excel, Word).
- Experience in with an ERP software, DAX preferred.
- Ability to work independently & Cross-functionally.
- Able to work non-business hours for month-end, Budget, and Year-End closing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing accounting required.
- Preferred to have dairy transaction processing experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located in Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.