Maintenance Planner Scheduler
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts.
Our company has a strong presence amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow. We are always looking for individuals that share our passion for customer service, diversity, respect, openness and honesty.
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Planner Scheduler will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all maintenance work meeting the criteria for such, being performed in the area to which Maintenance Planner Scheduler is assigned. The Maintenance Planner Scheduler maintains the liaison and coordination between the operations, maintenance and engineering organizations; maintains appropriate records and files to permit meaningful analysis and reporting of results of work done.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Compares required parts list against available inventory and works with Purchasing Agent to ensure required parts are in stock prior to WO start date
- Plans department workflow through generation of work orders, statement of work documents, and other work outlines resources needed to adequately address the work required, work reception, prioritization, planning, coordination, scheduling, assignment, tracking, completion, data entry and other administrative actions.
- Support the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager in developing and executing the annual preventative maintenance work plan and monthly schedules.
- Track timely completions of all work orders and coordinates and executes follow-on work as required.
- Ensure that the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) data files are complete, accurate and current.
- Develop and perform quality control checks, maintain and file completed work orders.
- Safely assigns work in accordance with the Cacique safety program.
- Coordinates with all department/customer on project details and potential impacts to work areas / buildings.
- Conducts reviews for completed jobs by comparing estimated labor to actual labor used to determine more precise preventative maintenance planning
- Ensures equipment availability by maintaining open communication with operations/production department
- Manages work orders, schedules and develops contingent planning to meet operation’s needs.
- Create actions plans to prevent reoccurring maintenance repairs
- Continuously monitor PM performance with Maintenance Manager to ensure preventative maintenance tasks are effective and completed
- Ensure all equipment/machinery is entered into CMMS and kept up to date.
- All Cacique employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality/Food Safety Management Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of building trades, craft skills, and engineering, or comparable industry experience.
- The ability to effectively write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and set expectations while managing all maintenance deadlines.
- Working knowledge of CMMS programs
- Strong leadership, planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Minimum 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, Food Production highly desired.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in maintenance scheduling/planning activities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located in Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.