Continuous Improvement Engineer
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family-owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique’s Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique’s success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking to add a Continuous Improvement Engineer. The person in this role will need to have a passion for improving process and driving change. The Continuous Improvement Analyst primary goal will be to gather and interpret internal operational data and provide recommendations for continuous improvement and productivity visibility via reporting and system analysis. This position will engage other personnel in all phases of improvement work and develop a strong technical network with plant resources. Their job is to drive the combination of engineering and technology know how with the financial and business needs to drive improvements in conversion cost with focus on productivity initiatives. They will drive plant productivity by coaching and developing others in the mastering of continuous improvement tools and software skills. They must understand the process and have tools in place to quickly optimize manufacturing performance and be capable of transferring their skills effectively to supervisors and conversion teams. They must be able to deliver clear understanding of the requirements for the CI process (e.g., behaviors, attitude and culture) to the plant, and areas of responsibility, to build an environment that delivers continuous & sustainable results.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short-term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
- Utilize advanced Continuous Improvement methodologies in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, & Root Cause Analysis, along with basic tools, such as, A3 reporting, 5 Why analysis, 5S, etc.
- Implement Centerlining and SMED techniques at the packaging area.
- Drive Kaizen events and continuous improvement efforts.
- Work closely with Training resources to train and motivate associates in the use and implementation of Continuous Improvement principles.
- Advance program through necessary evolution to drive a true Continuous Improvement culture and engrain associated behaviors at the plant.
- Reduce waste and drive best practices across the plant.
- Provide analysis of operation and communicate as part of a team environment.
- Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Manage projects and implement sustainable solutions.
- Deliver successful Lean Six Sigma projects
- Support the plant to ensure timely project execution and implementation of pragmatic, sustainable and accepted solutions of Kaizen and other Lean events and track sustainable control plans.
- Support identification, scoping and chartering of new projects.
- Drive behavioral change across the plant to build CI /L6S culture including support functions, through coaching and influencing employees.
- Develop and implement KPI's that Monitor progress (i.e., Project tracking, cost/benefit analysis, Visual Management, etc.)
- Support the goals of the organization by delivering Cost reductions and building a strong productivity pipeline, while maintaining and improving Quality, Delivery, Safety, Sustainability, and Morale.
- Initiate, organize, and give training by using existing CI methodology and tools (e.g., team building, facilitation, lean tools, Kaizen, SMED, Centerlining) to ensure all employees understand the concept of CI / L6S.
- Train coach and develop team members on the use of CI / L6S (Lean Six Sigma) tools.
- Organize regular meetings with key stakeholders (i.e., project sponsors, champions) to share CI / L6S status (i.e. perform project reviews). Define next steps to raise the performance bar, review plans, roadmaps to deliver sustainable plant improvements.
- Track and report progress on conversion productivity in partnership with Finance.
- Performs other duties and projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or a combination of 5+ years of’ professional experience in production control or similar field with emphasis on managing data, developing reports and presentation.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt (minimum certification)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Background in analytics with a desire to consistently improve processes.
- Ability to work with multiple departments to manage and complete reporting requirements.
- Experience working and or implementation of analytical software
- Use of Minitab software
- Relational Database Proficiency
- Ability to make strong business decisions based on historical data
- Competency in Problem Solving and Analysis, utilizing facts.
- Ability to interpret and convey key points in a way that is easily understood
- Bilingual English / Spanish
“Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located at 8501 South Georgia Street, Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.