Maintenance Technician Level 1
Operations and Supply Chain
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts.
Our company has a strong presence amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow. We are always looking for individuals that share our passion for customer service, diversity, respect, openness and honesty.
Under the direction of our Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques. This facility produces a variety of dairy products as safely and efficiently as possible, while meeting all corporate, customer, and government requirements.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas or air required for operations)
- Readily available for emergency repairs I breakdown situations
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedure, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Perform preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
- Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery)
- Complete work orders in a timely manner, maintaining high quality standards
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with the required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOPs
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area
- Follow all required work safe practices, including but not limited to: Lockout-tag out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling and fall restraints.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately
- All Cacique employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality/Food Safety Management Systems.
- Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Strong communication (verbal and written)
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic systems, gas systems, liquid propane, boilers and refrigeration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- High School Diploma preferred: Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
- 2 years in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry
- 1 year experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hygraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
- 1 year experience on a variety of equipment, including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located in Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.