PLC Engineer - 2nd Shift
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts.
Our company has a strong presence amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow. We are always looking for individuals that share our passion for customer service, diversity, respect, openness and honesty.
We are currently looking to add a PLC Engineer to our Engineering Department. This position will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving DCS, PLC’s, HMI’s, and process controllers. The programmer must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design. The role requires the ability to troubleshoot equipment and resolve issues efficiently. This role also requires some travel to customer sites for onsite commissioning of the equipment.
The PLC Engineer must have thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques. The candidate will devise new approaches to problems, modify drawings, specifications, calculations, manuals, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering standards.
- This is a 2nd shift position
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short-term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
Essential Job Functions
- Development of DCS program for automated processes.
- Development of PLC programs for automated equipment.
- Development of HMI programs for automated equipment.
- Responsible for planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, * selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, products, procedures and criteria.
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, manuals, charts and graphs.
- Plan and conduct cost estimates.
- Specify control components.
- Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing, applying knowledge of electricity, programming, and materials.
- Research, develop, design, and test a wide range of machinery, both as standard products and with custom features, according to requirements of individual customers.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Complete special projects upon requests and other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Systems Technology, Automation Technology, or Electrical Controls Engineering; or the equivalent in work experience.
- 3-4 years of work experience in Engineering, Programming, or related fields (5+ years machine building, automation, integration, or other automation intensive industry sector is preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques.
- Have strong computer skills including: Wonderware, Honeywell DCS, Modicon Software, Rockwell Software, AutoCAD, MS Word, Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook (Experience with Solid Works is preferable).
- Possess the ability to multi-task and bring multiple projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem solving, critical thinking, committed team player, with strong leadership and performance management skills capable of stepping up to assure that projects are completed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located at 8501 S Georgia St, Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.