E & I Technician - 2nd and 3rd Shift
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking for a passionate individual to become our next E&I Technician who embody our values and is looking to join America’s leader in Hispanic perishables.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Basic understanding of ladder logic and programming fundamentals.
- Ongoing support of Operations and Maintenance Teams for their specific Control Systems, service needs.
- Maintain documentation for all Control Systems and electrical schematics for Production Plants.
- Knowledge of single loop control instruments.
- Assist in repair calibration of all peripheral electrical and electronic equipment to include thermal, ink jet, and direct thermal printers, motion and static scales in all plants to maximize effectiveness and quality of repaired equipment.
- Assist in calibration of all instruments, to include flow, temperature, pressure, and analytical, document calibration data.
- Troubleshooting of all PLC and control issues.
- Understanding of AC and DC variable speed drives.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair 480/277v, 240/120v, and 24v circuits.
- Communicate in a team environment.
- Properly prioritize issues and take personal accountability to make sure all repairs fit the core value of "excellence"
- Active participation and ownership in your training and development program and associated activities, classes and events, which will be held before, during, after shifts and during scheduled days off.
- Help coach and train teammates and participate in on the job, buddy training.
- Place high priority on food safety and sanitation by understanding and executing Cacique’s food safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Hold self and others accountable to Cacique Foods safety & sanitation guidelines and policies by communicating any food safety incident, observation, or opportunity to your leadership team or teammates.
- Participate in food safety and sanitation root cause analysis and improvement activities when required.
- Participate in departmental safety teams.
- Promote Company Culture
- Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
- High School diploma or GED Equivalency from an accredited institution
- Technical Diploma or Certification in Electronics
- 2+ years experience with PLC’s, control systems, sensors, vision systems, robotic extranet systems, etc. in a production environment.
- Experience with food processing plants a plus.
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to demonstrate and practice safety work habits
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- Stand and walk almost the entire workday.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs daily.
- Employees must be physically capable of working in any of the job tasks within their respective area.
- Required to work at heights and in fairly small areas.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, handling and grasping, twisting/turning, repetitive bending.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write and read English
- Ability to demonstrate alpha and numeric matching skills
This position is located in Amarillo, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.