El Sol Mexican Cafe' & Bakery was founded over 30 years ago by Daniel and Beatriz De La Cruz in Chandler, Arizona. Initially salsa was made in their kitchen and sold to friends and family. El Sol Foods new manufacturing facility was built in 2005 by the granddaughter, Marisol and her husband Ryan Bullock, to keep up with consumer demands of their salsa. In 2019, El Sol was acquired by Cacique Inc. Cacique is one of the largest Hispanic perishable food companies in the country.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Office Manager will be responsible for Food Safety and practicing and enforcing all GMPs and appropriate food defense techniques. The Office Manager has overall responsibility for the daily flow of the office and coordination of onsite activity. The Office Manager must have the ability to perform all front office functions quickly and efficiently while functioning as a technical department resource. The Office Manager will assist all Department Heads to ensure smooth, efficient operations.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees daily office operations around the facility in a food production setting
- To be responsible for all onsite training and administration of safety procedures
- Establishes daily and weekly schedules for vendors, deliveries, shipments, ensuring timely pick-up and delivery of raw ingredients, materials, and finished product
- Coordinates closely with Warehouse Manager and Production Manager to arrange incoming and outgoing schedules
- Notifies Manager of potential conflicts or delays in a timely manner
- Creates office budget and is responsible for facility inventories
- Maintains all front office responsibilities in an efficient and professional manner, including handling email communications, incoming calls, and receiving visitors
- Collects and completes necessary invoices on a daily basis, communicating directly with Accounts Payable and Department Heads to ensure accurate delivery of information
- Attend and contribute to all regular team meetings (which may fall outside of working hours)
- Takes direct ownership of the 5S and ensures the compliance of all departments
- Updates Plant Manager and other Department Heads as needed to ensure smooth facility operators
- Produce Excel shipment orders and Word-based order reports as needed
- Collecting required documentation for new vendors and submitting vendor requests as necessary
- Assist in mock recalls with production manager and complete in specified time limit
- Proactively identify and implement improvements to operations and resource efficiencies while considering the impact on other departments. Promoting a continuous improvement culture within the department.
- Manage sub-contractors as needed
- Provide support to shipping and receiving, including systems knowledge and customer invoicing backup
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that a clean, tidy and hazard free working environment is maintained to defined standards.
- Contribute to Six Sigma activities as they relate to own area of responsibility.
- Perform general administrative tasks as necessary.
- Note taking during daily management meetings to help execute tasks and goals with follow-up as appropriate
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Complete assigned work within scheduled time
- The ability to fill in for purchasing and Quality Assurance’s absences when appropriate
- Follow all GMPs and safety company policies and procedures
- Attend all required training programs sponsored by the company such as monthly safety meeting, GMP, Chemical handling, etc.
- Excellent attendance required, dependable, trustworthy, strong work ethic, respect for others.
- All El Sol employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality/Food Safety Management Systems.
“Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.”