Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager
Accounting and Finance
The Accounting Manager will be supervising the activities pertaining to the accounting and reporting of all transactions involving General Ledger Accounting. Responsible for developing internal accounting controls, generating various reports and assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process.
** This role will be hybrid with 4 days in the Cacique Irving, TX office**
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process.
- Fixed asset posting, processing, and reporting.
- Posting journal entries related to Payroll.
- Reconcile the balance of the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Reconcile the balance of the inventory subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Monitor reserve accounts.
- Review and reconcile bank statements.
- Research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of various accounting processes and identify root causes/areas for improvement.
- Assists with requests related to internal and external audits and work with auditors to resolve audit questions.
- Financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
- Forecasting and Budgeting.
- Take an analytical approach to providing accurate and meaningful data to inform business decisions.
- Reviews existing processes to identify opportunities for improvement and helps to implement approved changes.
- Makes journal entries on an accrual basis in accordance with policies and US GAAP.
- Reviews the trial balance and preliminary P&L for completeness and accuracy.
- Must have 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing company.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to function under minimal supervision.
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or accounting OR CPA preferred.
- Must have the confidence and maturity to communicate effectively with leadership throughout the company.
- Must have above average computer skills in Excel and experience in ERP software, preferably D365.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills are required as you will work across the organization.
This position is located at 1255 Corporate Drive, Irving, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.