Accounting and Finance
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, daily pay and more!
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Under the direction of the Corporate Controller, the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for the entire payroll function. They ensure the payroll team is working efficiently, collaborate frequently with related department heads, particularly HR and Finance, to establish payroll goals.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Department planning, policy development, strategy implementation via performance objectives.
- Training and supervising the payroll staff while delivering timely performance evaluations.
- Recording and maintaining employee records and payroll transactions.
- Collecting and verifying employee and timekeeping data.
- Reviewing computed wages to ensure accuracy.
- Issuing and distributing paychecks.
- Answering questions and resolving issues regarding payroll.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, tax laws, and deduction laws.
- Preparing payroll reports for management and auditing purposes.
- Respond to inquiries from employees regarding payroll.
- Three plus years Supervising a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll systems, preferably ADP.
- Good working knowledge of accounting practices and tax laws.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Knowledge & Ability
- Problem solving—identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Planning/organizing—prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Confidentiality –Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all personal and company information.
This position is located in Dallas, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.