Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique’s Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique’s success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking to add a Maintenance Manager to our Dairy Plant in City of Industry. The Maintenance Manager will directly supervises maintenance teammate to ensure effective delivery of maintenance services and support production during all hours of the operation. This includes planning, assigning and directing work, addressing product and teammate complaints, and resolving problems. This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies, regulatory requirements and applicable laws. This position requires excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Plant Manager, Production Managers, Quality and other related departments to maximize equipment utilization, improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Supervises both the maintenance and capital projects for the location.
- Utilizes both mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds.
- Utilizes a computer maintenance management system to optimize asset utilization through scheduled preventive and predictive maintenance planning.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration, electrical, steam, compressed air systems) are in proper working order to support production.
- Develop key maintenance performance indicators to measure overall equipment effectiveness.
- Implement corrective actions identified by key performance indicators and assess and report over improvement to equipment effectiveness.
- Remain current with latest and emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Competes all paperwork, investigations, incident reports as required by company policy.
- Maintains current technical documentation for equipment, PLC’s, instrumentation, SOP’s, PM’s, PdM’s, inventory and purchasing.
- Monitor and enforce policies, plant rules and programs with employees, contractors, vendors, consultants and suppliers.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a Manager including; planning, evaluating, organizing, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, integrating and delegating, developing training programs to enhance employee growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of boilers, refrigeration, PLC’s, electrical, cooling towers, ammonia systems and packaging equipment.
- Skills required in electronics, instrumentation, troubleshooting, reading schematics both mechanical and electrical, ladder logic.
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and formulas.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to follow sanitation and quality policies and procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs, and the ability to lead others through change.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, lead, coach, influence, motivate, develop, engage and retain a team of employees.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Physical, able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- Ability to follow all GMP requirements and spend time on the production floor as required.
- BA Degree in a relevant field Preferred; 5 yrs industrial maintenance in the Cheese/Dairy, Food, and/or beverage industry is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
This position is located at 14940 Proctor Ave., City of Industry, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.