Human Resources Generalist
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, salsas and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are NOT looking for your every-day HR Generalist. This position works with multiple plant leaders and teammates at all levels of the Company to help set strategy, lead change, and drive engagement. This is a hands-on generalist role that will work across multiple functional areas and support all areas of HR program delivery including recruiting, employee relations, safety, compensation, training, and compliance.
Key deliverables will include:
- Lead recruitment activities; schedules interviews; pre-employment physical exams; and drug tests.
- Implement and provide support on Human Resources initiatives and brokering the delivery of Human Resources services across multiple sites (AZ and UT)
- Work with teammates, supervisors and managers in one-on-one or in a group setting to effectively coach and counsel on performance and/or interpersonal development needs
- Advise leaders in appropriate resolution of associate relations issues and be present during disciplinary meetings
- Leads EHS initiatives for assigned sites and partners with EHS Manager, site leaders, and teammates to drive a zero-incident safety culture
- Administer performance review program to ensure alignment with strategy, effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization
- Schedule and conduct new-hire orientation, training, and various other ‘on-boarding’ activities.
- Process applicable employee background/reference checks. Verifies I-9 documentation and maintain ‘e-verify’ records.
- Responds to employee questions and/or requests concerning company policy and benefits
- Manages new employee files and ensures highly confidential files are maintained in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations; researches statistical information to prepare reports throughout the year.
- Works with Temporary Agencies to manage temporary employees
- Assist in the Administration for time and attendance and on Payroll
- Ensure that we maintain our desired competitive position for compensation by participating in surveys, driving structural reviews, and communicating results
Desired skills and accomplishments:
- Ability to build strong relationships and act as a trusted advisor to leaders and teammates
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is highly desired, but not required
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy; takes ownership for results
- Strong team player, able to work effectively with diverse client groups
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task effectively while considering future organizational requirements
- Proactive and self-motivated, customer-focused with a positive attitude
- Acts with speed and is decisive in time-sensitive situations
- Must be able to travel up to 25% (AZ, UT, CA)
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university.
- 3+ years of experience working in a Human Resources Business Partner capacity; preferably in an environment supporting manufacturing and/or warehouse teams.
- 3+ years of HRIS and ATS experience
This position is located at 445 Coal Creek Rd., Cedar City, UT. View the Google Map in full screen.