Distribution Warehouse Clerk
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking to add a third shift Distribution/Warehouse Clerk for our Irwindale Distribution Center. The Distribution/Warehouse Clerk will be responsible for the distribution clerk coordinates all sales order documents, prepares all documents for shipping, completes systematic purchase order receipts and other administrative functions as needed. This person carries out administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cacique policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following Standard Operating Procedures.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNTIONS
- Manages order printing and issuing to the warehouse.
- Completes driver check in and document processing
- Completes systematic PO receipts
- Coordinates processing paperwork to Finance and Quality Assurance
- Works cross functionally with logistics on shipping schedule
- Enters purchase requisitions for supplies, as directed by the warehouse manager
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, and state and federal guidelines
- Recommends improvements to reduce cost and drive productivity within the department while achieving the targeted Sales to Service Goals
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Maintains time and shipping records as required. Prepares reports for management review
- Ensure the work area is clean and organized at all times
- Leads by example with the Cacique Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years warehousing experience
- Experience with working in a high paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Forklift Certification
- Warehousing experience
- Intermediate to Advanced level of MS Excel [create and manipulate spreadsheets
- Strong communication (verbal and written) – ability to get message across to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated sense of urgency with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to organize, plan, schedule, determine priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative policies and procedures
- Associate’s Degree, associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
This position is located at 5303 Rivergrade Rd., Irwindale, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.