Accounting and Finance
We are currently looking for a passionate Human Resources professional to become our next Cost Accountant on our Accounting Team. Cacique is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for an experienced, Cost Accountant to help us. The Cost Accountant will be a financial business partner with ample cost accounting experience that will add value through analysis, custodianship, and business acumen.
- Provides management and stakeholders with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting COGS, prices and profitability of Company’s products and/or services.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Track Plant KPIs to assess areas of opportunity
- Liaison to IT for manufacturing and inventory flow accuracy and efficiency
Financial Planning / Reporting
- Facilitates and Streamlines cost accounting month-end processing.
- Actively involved in annual budget and Long Range Planning process
- Create and updates BOMs and standard costs when appropriate
- Designs and/or improves cost management processes and uses appropriate costing methodologies to recognize, determine, accumulate, and report costs of activities.
- Weekly and Monthly Reporting – Including Labor, Absorption, Logistics and Price Volume Mix, etc.
- Directly responsible for Monthly Plant Physical Inventory of Raw Material, Packaging and Finished Goods
- Manages all inventory so GL accounts tie to perpetual and physical quantities.
- Investigates and reconciles complex differences in accounting records (e.g., general ledger accounts); prepares reconciliation worksheets; submits and follows up on adjustments identified during the reconciliation process.
- Responsible for Plant audit and compliance
- Involved in providing financial justification and post audits for Plant CapEx
- Establish and maintain procedures and processes for valuing the year-end physical inventory; ensure the highest degree of inventory accuracy through monitoring the maintenance of the perpetual inventory system..
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family-owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required, CMA, CPA preferred
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 or more years of related experience
- Experience in CPG, Food Industry, and or Dairy preferred
- Intermediate understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Intermediate computer skills (Access, Excel, Word).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience in with an ERP software, D365.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to work non-business hours for month-end, qtr end, and year-end closing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business required, CMA preferred
- Position to based in Amarillo Area, but will support multiple sites across the US
- Some Business Travel Required.
- Relocation available.
This position is located in Dallas, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.