Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
Our City of Industry- Dairy Plant is currently recruiting for Maintenance Mechanics to join our growing organization. The Maintenance Mechanic will be responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques. This facility produces a variety of dairy products as safely and efficiently as possible, while meeting all corporate, customer, and government requirements.
All maintenance personnel are responsible for food safety and practicing and enforcing all GMPs and appropriate food defense techniques.
MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY AND ABLE TO WORK 5-6 DAYS A WEEK, SOME WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
Work Specifications – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for food safety and quality
- Maintenance Work-Order execution
- Maintenance Processes & Procedures (admin)
- Maintenance Programs execution
- Plant Projects as assigned
The ideal candidate needs to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of 2 or more of the following:
- Centrifugal pumps
- Positive displacement pumps
- Form and fill vacuum packaging
- High speed bottling packaging
- Centrifugal separation
- Pasteurization systems
- Control systems
- 480v systems including VFD knowledge
- SQF food safety system
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for electrical and pneumatic systems
Additional preferred skills:
- Understands losses and recommends adjustments to existing strategies
- Understanding of simple problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of CMMS to close out work orders properly
- Attends promptly Tool Box Meeting
- Adheres to process limits and prescribed equipment settings, follows prescribed procedures
- Ability to effectively read American/European electrical schematics, single line and ladder logic, technical procedures, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Proficient in utilizing Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Perform all other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- High School / Post-Secondary / Trade School
- 5 years of Maintenance Mechanic work experience or equivalent knowledge within a food grade manufacturing facility
- Vacuum form and fill Packaging machinery and / or high speed bottling packaging line experience
- Fluid Processing experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities
- Electrical knowledge of control, low and high voltage systems
This position is located at 14940 Proctor Ave., City of Industry, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.