Class A Driver - Local Route
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are currently looking to add a Commercial Class A Driver. The Driver will responsible for transporting products and supplies to and from local facilities, customers and suppliers. The driver ensures proper safety and GMP procedures are adhered to, maintains a safe a clean working environment and maintains accurate records for all shipments. This person carries out driver responsibilities in accordance with Cacique policies, DOT regulations, OSHA regulations and applicable laws while following Standard Operating Procedures.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Driving and transporting product to and from local facilities/customers/suppliers.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in working order at all times.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Adhere to company rules and regulations.
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive appropriately to accommodate for all weather/road conditions.
- Comply with all DOT regulations.
- Make safety a priority at all times.
- Report all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to your supervisor immediately, submit written reports on accidents, experiences or unusual circumstances as required.
- Must have a clean driving record and a commercial driver’s license.
- Assist in the warehouse as needed.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
- Ability to understand all DOT requirements
- Ability to maintain DOT Medical Card
- Ability to complete forklift training and maintain a forklift license
- Ability to demonstrate and practice safety work habits.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work in cold warehouse environment.
- Ability to work in loud environment.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Familiarity with all safety requirements
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Must be positive hands on results-oriented individual.
- Must have high standards of personal integrity and ethics.
- Organization and attention to detail
- Strong communication and analytical skills required
- Strong math skills such as ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements.
- Understands basic warehousing, inventory, and shipping procedures.
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Capable to organize and communicate information effectively to all levels.
- Communicate and support company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
- Develop and lead with a sense of urgency.
- Has the ability to build effective relationships at all levels. Treats all people with respect.
- Make recommendations for facility, equipment, and process improvements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications
- Solid understanding of unit operations, process capabilities, quality, regulatory affairs, planning and food safety.
- Ability to create and support a team-based environment across the operation.
- Ability to set measurable goals and assign objectives to meet those goals.
- Drive Company focus, manage culture, encourage strong work ethic, and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Willing and able to work flexible shifts and hours, including overtime, weekends and holidays
Ability to demonstrate and practice safety work habits
Ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Physical, able to stand, walk, bend and lift up to 50 pounds if necessary.
- Ability to work in cold and loud environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to write and read English
Ability to demonstrate alpha and numeric matching skills
Ability add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurements
- Valid and current Class A CDL with a clean driving record with no moving violations in the last 3 years
- Ability to drive tractor with 53’ trailer as well as a 24’ bobtail.
- Ability to drive a manual transmission
- 2 years experience as a Class A CDL driver
- Experience with working in a high paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Forklift Certification
- Warehousing experience
- 1-3 years of warehousing experience preferred
This position is located at 5303 Rivergrade Rd., Irwindale, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.