Human Resources Generalist
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
We are NOT looking for your every-day HR Generalist. This position works with multiple leaders and teammates at all levels of the Company to help support them. This is a hands-on generalist role that will work across multiple functional areas and support all areas of HR program delivery including administration, recruiting, employee relations, safety, compensation, training, and compliance.
Key deliverables will include:
- Assists with the recruitment activities; schedules interviews; pre-employment physical exams; and drug tests.
- May schedule and conduct new-hire orientation, training, and various other ‘on-boarding’ activities.
- Process applicable employee background/reference checks.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintain ‘e-verify’ records.
- Responds to employee questions and/or requests concerning company policy and benefits
- Manages new employee files and ensures highly confidential files are maintained in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations; researches statistical information to prepare reports throughout the year.
- Receives and reviews leave requests for employees; obtains completed request forms, physician certification or re-certification forms, and return to work releases.
- Determines employee qualification status; corresponds with requestors and supervisors and maintains contact throughout the process.
- Serves as the point of contact for all Leave questions; prepares and maintains spreadsheets to track the status of LOA requests and approvals and denials.
- Schedules conferences and makes appropriate facility reservations.
- Works with Temporary Agencies to manage temporary employees
- Coordinate and Set Up Drivers DOT Re-certifications
- Set up New Department and New Security Groups in Time and Attendance
- Assist the Administration for time and attendance and on Payroll
- Provide support for Human Resources initiatives and brokering the delivery of Human Resources services across multiple sites in California
- Work with teammates, supervisors and managers in one-on-one or in a group setting to effectively coach and counsel on performance and/or interpersonal development needs
- Support EHS initiatives for assigned sites and partners with EHS Manager, site leaders, and teammates to drive a zero-incident safety culture
- Advise leaders in appropriate resolution of associate relations issues and be present during disciplinary meetings
- Administer performance review program to ensure alignment with strategy, effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization
- Reports to HR Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited university; Master’s Degree a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in a Human Resources Business Partner capacity; preferably in an environment supporting manufacturing and/or warehouse teams and implementing Lean / Continuous Improvement projects
- Ability to build strong relationships and act as a trusted advisor to leaders and teammates
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is highly desired, but not required
- Exceptional adherence to detail, efficiency and accuracy; takes ownership for results
- Strong team player, able to work effectively with diverse client groups
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task effectively while considering future organizational requirements
- Proactive and self-motivated, customer-focused with a positive attitude
- Acts with speed and is decisive in time-sensitive situations
This position is located at 14940 Proctor Ave., City of Industry, CA. View the Google Map in full screen.