Multimedia Production Intern - iDeas Lab (Summer 2022)
The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) is a non-profit, bipartisan public policy organization established in 1962 to provide strategic insights and practical policy solutions to decision makers concerned with global security and prosperity. Over the years, it has grown to be one of the largest organizations of its kind, with a staff of over 200 employees, including more than 120 analysts working to address the changing dynamics of international security across the globe.
The iDeas Lab, the award-winning creative and digital production department at CSIS, seeks highly motivated and creative candidates for a full-time, six-month multimedia production internship with our dynamic and fast-paced team beginning Summer 2022. This is a hybrid position, with most days spent in the CSIS office. Responsibilities will focus on audio production assignments for our suite of podcasts, and will also include video production assignments.
The iDeas Lab enhances CSIS's policy research and analysis with the latest in audio, video, design, and web products. You can see some of our work at https://www.csis.org/podcasts (or at ideaslab.csis.org and on https://www.youtube.com/user/csisdc). The iDeas Lab is a creative environment made up of three major sub-teams – video/audio production, web development, and design. We are a highly collaborative team, and many of us use our skills and passion in many different creative arenas.
The multimedia production intern will primarily support the audio producers while also working with the other iDeas Lab sub-teams, supporting a range of creative efforts across the spectrum of CSIS issue areas. We are looking for a creative, energetic, self-starter who has a passion for podcasts and a strong desire to experience the many different facets and phases of digital media production. The multimedia production intern will work closely with the entire department on creative projects that partner with some of the most respected foreign policy experts and researchers in the world to tell compelling public policy stories.
The internship is structured to provide aspiring professionals with practical experience and hard-skill building, and to add content to their professional portfolios.
The internship is paid at an hourly rate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Edit full-length podcast episodes and other audio features using Adobe Audition
• Master and clean audio using Adobe Audition
• Assist with studio set-up and editing of video interviews
• Source B-roll and music for CSIS video products, and assist with pre-production research as needed
• Curate video and audio content on our websites, social media platforms, and other content delivery networks
• Receive training on content management systems; implement multimedia-rich longform digital reports on the CSIS website
• Assist our developers, producers, and designers with other tasks as needed
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.A./B.S in relevant field (or rising senior);
• Relevant work or internship experience is a plus
• Basic working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications – especially Audition; familiarity with Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop also a plus
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, including operating in a fast-paced environment and managing competing priorities
• Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow-through skills
• Interest in global affairs and public policy a plus
• Eligible to work in the United States.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Performances of duties require the use of hands and fingers to handle or feel. The job frequently requires ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to a portfolio or samples of past work. Please apply through the CSIS website at https://careers.csis.org/internships. Finalists will be asked for references. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.