SURVEY SENIOR CADD SPECIALIST
This position with excellent benefits (see below for details) works directly with the Survey Section Manager and Project Managers performing skilled CAD (Computer Aided Design) system work in the preparation of survey drawings and project deliverables. Work of this class requires the application of local, State, Federal, and client specific surveying standards, research, and computer-based drafting skills and knowledge in preparing boundary, topographic, existing conditions as-built, infrastructure inventory, and construction lay-out drawings. Employees normally work from field survey points, existing plans (CADD or Blueprint) or oral instructions and are expected to work out details on a CAD System in completing drafting assignments. Although the emphasis of work is on survey drawings, employees may occasionally undertake field assignments related to the area of work, such as participating in field surveys. Senior CAD Specialist will have a high level of independence in carrying out the assignments. This role will require providing technical advice and assistance to junior staff. Work is reviewed by periodic checks of progress and by evaluation of completed assignments.
- Prepare drawings manually and on a variety of CAD Systems, which may involve survey point reduction and database management, to establish complete and accurate data necessary in representing field conditions of survey project sites which may include, but is not limited to; residential, commercial, industrial, municipal, federal sites that will include multiple survey tasks.
- Prepare detailed drawings of boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic and as-built site surveys, route surveys, as well as surveys performed for GDOT, MARTA, City of Atlanta, Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and multiple metro Atlanta County and Municipal Government Departments delivered in the specified format required by each client.
- Gather supporting data and prepare detailed maps of project sites which show dimensions and the physical locations/elevations of associated site conditions and infrastructure including existing utility information, sanitary sewers, storm sewer, site drainage, adjoiner and related information
- Make pictorial and isometric drawings for reports, plots charts and curves from data
- Prepare detailed layout, assembly, and working drawings; files and indexes drawings
- Participate in making construction staking documents and CAD files, determining locations and elevations for layout based on engineering drawings.
- Lead research and development into new technologies and software.
- Integrate new technologies and software into project delivery.
- Prepare, create dynamic three-dimensional representations using CAD to represent civil design projects such as roadway, airport and site development.
- Prepare customized maps, plans, graphics and detailed drawings of vertical/horizontal systems to include plans, sections, elevations and profiles.
- Gather supporting data and prepare detailed drawings which show dimensions and specifications of roadways, buildings, water lines, sewers, drains, and related information.
- Ensure plans are in accordance with project scope, client specifications, and standards.
- Maintain knowledge of engineering features and how they all tie together for a final drawing package.
- Assist with the preparation or review of project documentation, as directed, (e.g. presentations, sketches, renderings, drawings, maps, technical memoranda, meeting records, etc.).
- Assists in developing and maintaining Civil 3D styles database.
- Create CAD standards and procedures to improve plan production efficiency.
- Periodically train CAD users on CAD standards and procedures.
- Coordinate and interact with clients on a limited basis.
- Meet designated schedule deadlines for delivering drawings.
- Utilize GDOT road files to create MircoStation's InRoads & OpenRoads databases.
- Assist with business development
- Assist information technology (IT)
- Assist other departments with CAD needs
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
This is a partial listing of necessary knowledges, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list:
- Advanced knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of engineering drafting on CAD Systems, especially MicroStation's InRoads & OpenRoads and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficient skills using MircoStation's InRoads & OpenRoads, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of mathematics as applied to surveying principles in the field of assignments
- Advanced knowledge of software systems used to support CAD operation
- Advanced knowledge of electronic and CAD supporting computer hardware
- Advanced skill in drafting survey documents of more than ordinary complexity using CAD System
- Ability to prepare complex schematic drawings from rough sketches or oral instructions
- Ability to do design work in the field of assignment
- Ability to meet deadlines, possess good organizational and follow up skills, be detailed oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of engineering drafting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology and supplemental advanced course work in survey drafting plus minimum 10 Years in drafting experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation's InRoads & OpenRoads.
- Twenty years of relevant work experience
LICENSURES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- CAD Software Certification
- Requires the ability to exert light physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, etc. of objects and materials of light weight (generally 25 pounds and less).
- May involve extended periods of time in seated position and at a keyboard or workstation.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of job-related machines and/or Office Equipment
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This job combines office with some field work and may require occasional visits to field sites where dust and noise may be present.
- Willingness to travel to various project sites - Primarily Alabama & Georgia.
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RISK MANAGEMENT, L.L.C. is a Certified Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, and/or disability. C.E.R.M. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background, credit check, and drug screen.