Working with the Vice President of Client Services, the Marketing Manager is responsible for leading marketing and client services efforts in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision, and strategic objectives of the firm. Always striving to generate new business, retain current clientele, and increase awareness of the firm, the Marketing Manager helps develop and implement the strategies to achieve these goals through work on project pursuits and general communications. This role is also responsible for the quality of products produced by the Client Services Staff. Responsibilities include training and managing marketing staff; creating and maintaining marketing resource materials; general marketing, client services, and sales activities.
- Manages and coordinates the entire proposal and presentation process to include: the schedule, meetings, reviews, and team activities; prepare and present proposals, and work with the technical personnel and staff in the design and presentation of proposals.
- Coordinates qualification submittals to prospects of all pertinent information on the firm and its capabilities.
- Meets proactively with operations and sales leaders to contribute to the development and refinement of the strategic sales plan and ensure alignment on sales support needs.
- Makes continuous improvements to the proposal preparation process, consistent with the need to best serve internal and external clients, lead marketing department staff in this endeavor.
- Follow up with past clients and potential future clients; and coordinate all such activities with his/her own work; performs industry and client research.
INTERDEPARTMENTAL PERFORMANCE AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Identify and track key performance metrics to support continuous departmental and organizational improvement.
- Produce presentations and dashboards to inform, influence, and align internal and external stakeholders on marketing, branding, sales, and operations activities.
- Provides leadership, management, communication and internal training related to marketing tools, materials, procedures, programs and processes.
- Recruits, retains and oversees professional development of the marketing team
- Helps with interviewing and hiring of new marketing staff as needed.
- Serves as mentor and coach to the marketing staff.
- Assesses efficiencies within the group.
BRANDING AND COLLATERAL:
- Develops themes and supporting data to effectively position the firm’s values and value proposition in the marketplace and broader community. Creates tools and delivers training to support consistent reflection of these messages by different employee groups to varying audiences.
- Updates firm’s project experience listings, project profiles, and other credentials, including writing of marketing bios for key personnel as required; provides review and finalization of bios and project pages, with instruction and support to other departments, as needed.
- Maintains web presence to include presentation of the firm’s work and value proposition.
- Develops and executes a social media strategy to promote the firm’s work, its thought leadership in the AEC marketplace, client partnerships, work force development success, and community service.
- Manages and communicates our corporate standards to present a consistent appearance/style for all external marketing communications.
- Image and video Library: Adds project images and corresponding data for all projects; Works with project managers and designers to obtain accurate information. Partners with operations staff to secure client testimonials for incorporation in firm collateral.
- Document Retention: Organizes and maintains Client Services portion of the document library to provide all staff with easy access to company qualifications and project information.
- Coordinates public relations functions: media contacts (social media, newspaper, etc.); plans and coordinate corporate‐sponsored events attended by clients.
- Assists Vice President of Client Services and other leaders in managing, coordinating and monitoring project pursuit activities.
- Coordinates marketing activities and information exchanges between departments.
- Identifies awards programs and potential entries; gathers info and coordinates submittals from the firm.
- Available for irregular hours at times due to project deadlines and attendance at required functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Client Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
This is a partial listing of necessary knowledges, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list:
- Brings full effort to job responsibilities every day and positively contribute to the Client Services department and overall firm culture.
- Ability to monitor and manage several assignments concurrently, including supervising support personnel and designers in the execution of tasks, as appropriate.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to participate in multi‐disciplinary teams to develop concepts, storyboards, creative approaches, etc.
- Understand and be able to lead strategic proposal and presentation development.
- Superior writing, word processing, editing, proofreading, and desktop publishing skills.
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to effectively gather and disseminate information, and respond to questions from senior leaders and managers, clients, the media, and the general public.
- Knowledge and an understanding of architectural/engineering business is necessary to have or build during initial tenure.
- Excellent time and people management skills, including team building and conflict resolution and the ability to delegate.
- Requires ability to organize and be detailed oriented while working under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Must have professional appearance and maintain proper business etiquette.
- Graphic design and database/CRM experience are desired.
- Should be proficient in the use of a variety of software programs required, including Windows, Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop and other graphic programs) SalesForce, or other CRM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field with 5 years’ related experience, in marketing architectural, engineering and/or other design services firm OR Master’s Degree and 2 years’ related experience
- Requires the ability to exert light physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, etc. of objects and materials of light weight (generally 25 pounds and less)
- May involve extended periods of time in seated position and at a keyboard or workstation
- This job combines office with some field work
- Willingness to travel extensively to various project sites - Primarily Alabama & Georgia
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RISK MANAGEMENT, L.L.C. is a Certified Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, and/or disability. C.E.R.M. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background, credit check, and drug screen.