CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER SECTION MANAGER
Why join our Engineering Firm? You will become part of a team staffed with full-time technical and project management professionals that are committed to delivering first class service. While working and living in the community you serve, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A Competitive Compensation Package that includes an array of benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid time off, paid holidays, health club membership reimbursement, employee (spouse) wellness program
- Exceptional Working Conditions
- Training Opportunities to Support your Professional Growth
The Ideal Section Manager is an engineering professional who enjoys leading project managers and civil engineers in the design and management of site development, transportation, aviation, and transit projects. This person is a knowledgeable, motivated leader with strong time management skills and a proven track record for success. The ideal candidate will be able to positively impact the project delivery and management functions of the organization.
What will you do? You will support the Engineering Department Manager in planning and establishing procedures and methods for the department. You will engage in dynamic projects from inception to completion. In this process, you will review production and financial reports, analyze project risks, present solutions, and ensure client satisfaction in support of the organization’s goals. You will provide team leadership by hiring, training, engaging, and mentoring a team of engineering professionals in the department.
What Do You Need?
You will need a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field as well as 10 or more years of experience in Engineering. Professional Engineer Licensure in Georgia is preferred but not required. We have found that top Section Managers are influencers that possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of project and business management principles
- Practical experience in the application of engineering science and technology
- A commitment to legal compliance and safety standards
- Strong project management, communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Knowledge of various engineering design software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation
- Project Management Certification is a plus
- Requires the ability to exert light physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, etc. of objects and materials of light weight (generally 25 pounds and less)
- May involve extended periods of time in seated position and at a keyboard or workstation
- This job is mainly in the office, but requires out of the office visits to attend client meetings, participate in various workshops and industry events, and whatever else deemed necessary by management
- Willingness to travel to various project sites - Primarily Alabama & Georgia
CORPORATE ENVIRONMENTAL RISK MANAGEMENT, L.L.C. is a Certified Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, and/or disability. C.E.R.M. will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background, credit check, and drug screen.