Senior Superintendent - Healthcare Construction
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
As a Senior Superintendent for The Boldt Company, your leadership will be a meaningful contribution on our projects that will ensure our projects get completed within budget, on schedule, and in a safe manner. You will schedule, coordinate, and supervise craft employee and subcontractor activities. This role is a valued member of the job site leadership team that provides leadership, development feedback, and mentorship to our construction team on the project.
What you get to do:
· Serve as the primary liaison between Boldt and owners/architects/engineers for daily construction activities.
· Plan and supervise the work of our field employees, subcontractors, and trade partners. This includes figuring out method of construction, staffing levels, material quantities, equipment, power sources, and work schedules.
· Develop cohesive teams to manage the work to ensure that the work is installed in compliance with and conforms to approved documents, established schedule, meets codes, and is consistent with client expectations.
· Develop and maintain schedules, logistics plans, and manpower charts.
· Maintain ongoing communication with estimating and project management to ensure work aligns with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
· Communicate issues (accident, inspections, job site difficulties, etc.) with the project team in a timely manner.
· Resolve construction problems, complaints, and grievances within the workforce as required and with the necessary documentation. Assist Labor Relations in maintaining communications with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning required manpower, etc., as needed.
· Be a leader in the development and teaching of team members in all aspects of project execution. Implement Boldt Production System (BPS) planning. Lead and facilitate BPS meetings as needed.
· Participate in PKP (Project Readiness) planning and implement and maintain the productivity plan.
· Monitor, maintain and educate on our safety program including detailing and correcting unsafe work practices and work hazards. Ensure all on-site activities are carried out in accordance with Boldt’s safety program and applicable OSHA (state and federal) regulations to meet our strategic goal of ZERO Incidents.
· Ensure all necessary permits and insurance are in place and kept current.
· Participate in the development of the master schedule; work with the project owner, project management, and subcontractors as the need arises.
· Monitor our jobsite document controls including daily reports, Built in Quality (BiQ) Program, punch lists, schedule updates, payroll, quantity reporting, accident and incident reports, timesheets, RFIs and field issues or changes, and any other site activity.
· Help identify potential budget problems and work with our team to develop contingency plans and other measures to control or successfully handle these.
· Ensure any outstanding testing and inspection issues are resolved and completed.
· Spend significant time on site providing leadership and oversight of our field operations. Actively participate in and help recruit staff, including potential superintendents or foremen.
· Demonstrate excellence as a construction team leader— demonstrate outstanding and equitable leadership skills and secure trust and confidence of team, AHJ, inspectors, subcontractors, and clients.
· Lead self-perform crews and ensure materials, labor, equipment, and planning are available for successful execution.
· Manage and forecast field General Conditions and General Requirements to maintain budget.
· Review monthly billings as it relates to Work-in-Place (WIP), payrolls, material invoices and trade partner pay applications.
· Maintain strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements.
· Be a leader and problem solver. Create an environment where team members can learn and grow.
What we expect from you:
· Four-year Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or related field; OR high school degree and equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
· Twelve years industry experience and eight years supervisory experience in construction technology, methods, equipment, tools, and work procedures required.
· Advanced understanding of healthcare construction (OSHPD), construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups essential.
· Effectiveness in developing innovative construction methods and techniques for the project. Willingness to openly share experience and ideas for project improvement.
· Must have basic understanding of craft jurisdiction and working under collective bargaining agreements.
· Awareness of the general construction, structural steel installation, crane setup, crane capacity, masonry, millwright work, heavy rigging, and critical lift plans.
· Understanding of a wide variety of building systems including structural steel, metal deck, cast in place concrete systems and shoring, wood framing, chilled water systems, steam generation and distribution, emergency power and electrical systems, high and medium voltage, etc.
· Ability to mentor and train project team in all construction issues, efficiently lead large teams on complex projects and show leadership and be calm under pressure.
· OSHA 30 certification is preferred.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee occasionally uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 20 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor regularly. The employee is required to be able to optimally communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The salary range for this position is $194,600 - $264,000 per year. Starting compensation will be based on factors specific to the candidate's level of experience, qualifications, education, and geographical location.
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.