Senior Payroll Specialist
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
The Senior Payroll Specialist will contribute to the successful completion of day-to-day payroll operations, for union and non-union, to ensure employees are paid timely and accurately and to ensure compliance with federal laws, state laws, and tax filings. A focal point for this position is to have ownership of payroll systems and drive process improvement by leveraging technology in all areas in which payroll oversees. This person will develop and maintain strong partnerships across the organization including HR, IT and Labor Relations. The Senior Payroll Specialist will have the necessary knowledge of daily off-cycle check processing, data entry into payroll systems, garnishment entry validation/calculations and tax reporting while maintaining a high level of customer service. Additionally, this role will serve as a resource for the payroll team, assisting with training, answering inquiries, providing guidance and problem solving.
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and a love of construction are what we value.
What you get to do:
- Own the understanding of Boldt’s payroll system and lead efforts in leveraging data and report creation.
- Oversee the updating of payroll processes and procedures.
- Identify, participate and/or lead in process improvement projects.
- Partner with internal and external partners to test new functional system enhancements, system updates and integrations.
- Partner with internal partners to ensure HR, Benefit and Payroll changes are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Create reporting tools to assist in various audits, track and ensure compliance and efficiently reconcile payroll accounts.
- Create and prepare reports for internal and external customers.
- Partner in the entry, verification, and reconciliation of union and non-union payroll processing.
- Resolve issues and discrepancies by interfacing with internal and external agencies.
- Serve as a back-up for ETIME set-up for new hires and assign access to time approvers.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting, payments, and reconciliations.
- Serve as a back-up for running payroll, early pays and approvals
- Assist with payroll wage attachment processing and related activities.
- Assist with projects and additional payroll tasks as needed.
- Assist with year-end W-2 processing.
What we expect from you:
- Associate’s degree, preferably in a business-related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of full-cycle payroll process experience required.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local tax regulations.
- Ability to design, document & implement procedures to streamline processes.
- Intermediate Microsoft O365 experience required.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Passion for process improvement with an emphasis in leveraging technology.
- Proven ability to work in a confidential setting.
- Strong communication skills
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to effectively communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
The Boldt Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to be a summary of the primary essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The job description is not intended to be inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or all the qualifications that may be required either now or in the future. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed at any time.
Individuals in this role may be subject to annual Motor Vehicle Records check. Outcome of any MVR checks conducted may negatively impact the persons’ ability to participate in any vehicle program provided by the company, including but not limited to the ability to drive a personal vehicle on behalf of the Boldt Company or rent a vehicle through the Boldt Company travel provider, for a period of up to 1 year.