IT Solutions Architect
Who we are:
Build your career with Boldt. As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the construction industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities with a team that builds real value in the world around you. You’ll succeed in a workplace culture that recognizes, respects, and values differences. Boldt’s focus on innovation, collaboration, and employee development provides an opportunity for all our employees to Build Boldly.
How your role fits into Boldt:
Our IT Solution Architect proactively and holistically leads and supports IT architecture activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
The foundation for success in this role includes understanding the concepts of business goals, objectives and business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes and their importance in solution architecture. Success is demonstrated by providing the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards. This role creates deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (applications, processes, information and technology), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes.
What you get to do:
Demonstrate competencies across four key dimensions:
Interpret Business Needs
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise solution designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Example deliverables: requirements traceability document, business process/capability impact assessment, application portfolio rationalization diagraph.
Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
Support product managers in end-of-life product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire services, or systems, including applications, technologies, processes, and information.
Understand emerging technology trends and disruptions and their practical application to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
Analyze the technology industry, competitors, and market trends, and determine their potential implications for a given solution.
Analyze the business-IT environment to detect critical deficiencies, legacy, and technical debt, and recommend solutions for improvement.
Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
Consult with application and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify designs to accommodate the solutions architecture.
Example deliverables: Current state architecture documentation, vendor assessment for RFP, contribution to cost/benefit analysis, contributions to proof-of-concept implementation.
Lead evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
Manage and develop architecture for a broader scope of projects or products.
Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise solution portfolio from current to future state, as defined by the solutions architecture.
Act as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms, and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
Create architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects, and systems, including applications, technologies, processes, and information.
Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle.\
Provide consulting support to agile teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
Example deliverables: Solution documentation, enterprise target state architecture, application/ platform strategy.
Provide Enterprise Guidance
Provide deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to support architectural governance to assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and IT estate.
Support a community of practice (CoP), guiding and helping agile teams, product owners to align with the overall enterprise architecture governance and assurance.
Design and direct governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
Align to the principles, guidelines, standards, and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information-technology, engineering, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development.
- Experience working in a relevant industry to Architecture/Engineering and Construction is required.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Good understanding of strategic and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability delivering presentations to senior-level executives and technical audiences.
- Knowledge of various backend development languages like Go and Python.
- Understanding of various database technologies like MySQL, Snowflake and Oracle.
- Confident in various aspects of a technology architecture like integration, network and security.
- Knowledge of information principles and processes as well as financial models and budgeting.
- Knowledge of cloud computing.
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps).
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge of different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate).
- Understanding of IT standards and controls.
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture.
- Excellent analytical, planning, problem-solving, organizational, and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Describe required education level, experience, technical skills, certifications, licenses, etc.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.