Power Platform Developer
Who we are:
Build your career with Boldt. As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the construction industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities with a team that builds real value in the world around you. You’ll succeed in a workplace culture that recognizes, respects, and values differences. Boldt’s focus on innovation, collaboration, and employee development provides an opportunity for all our employees to Build Boldly.
How your role fits into Boldt:
As a Power Platform Developer for the Boldt Company, you will plan, develop, design, implement, and maintain application systems. This role also performs duties in different aspects of the development engineering cycle. This role uses critical skills such as internal consulting, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Bi), software development process, SharePoint, SQL, and software debugging. Identifying user requirements and writing or reviewing code for various applications are also key responsibilities. Data integration work with tools like Workato will be occasionally requested. Success in this role is shown through collaboration with internal customers and keeping our systems on the cutting edge of extraordinary user experiences.
What you get to do:
- Define objectives by analyzing our user needs and by visioning system features and functionality based on the needs of Boldt’s business systems.
- Work closely with our Business Analyst team to develop and improve applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; complete programming by using languages and software products; design and conduct tests.
- Work with teams to support the product management side of applications. Test and understand the entire project as assigned.
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; actively participate in collaboration meetings with creative ideas; solve development and production problems across our multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support our users by developing documentation and assistance tools. Conduct training for our users when needed.
- Keep job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
What we expect from you:
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with PowerApps - canvas apps, model driven apps, portal with multiple data sources - SharePoint, SQL, Oracle
- Solid experience in development of Business Process Flow and Approval Flow using Power Automate
- Hands on Experience in embedding PowerApps in custom applications. Understanding of Power Apps security capabilities, including role-based authorization.
- Ability to work with relational database platforms (SQL, Oracle).
- Demonstrate curiosity and problem-solving abilities with focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Experience incorporating security practices.
- Source code management experience using Microsoft Azure DevOps and GIT
- Work well in a team environment collaborating modern development, user experience, and deployment.
- Professional and positive demeanor with internal and external customers.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.