Human Resources Business Partner
Who we are:
Build your career with Boldt. As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the construction industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities with a team that builds real value in the world around you. You’ll succeed in a workplace culture that recognizes, respects, and values differences. Boldt’s focus on innovation, collaboration, and employee development provides an opportunity for all our employees to Build Boldly.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) collaborates with business unit leadership teams, corporate HR and legal to develop and execute strategies in relation to recruiting, retention, development, and engagement while ensuring alignment with and attainment of operational business goals. This position will engage, advise and support leaders appropriately and timely with strategic advice, training, and resources to build robust, complementary teams and support Boldt’s emerging markets. In order to accomplish these goals, the HRBP maintains an effective level of insight relating to the business unit's strategy and goals, culture, financial position and competitive landscape and serves as the voice of the customer sharing relevant information needed for corporate HR to create and execute appropriate strategies in support of the business.
As an active member of the HR team, this position will serve as a liaison between the operations teams and corporate HR, participating in the creation, communication and roll-out of HR programs, policies and procedures. Participation in HR team planning activities and projects will positively impact the attainment of HR goals and its overall success.
What you get to do:
- Serve as primary contact and resource for employees and leaders in business units to address HR issues, questions and concerns while maintaining good working relationships and building credibility with employees and leaders.
- Collaborate with leaders and employees to create and maintain strong, positive relationships.
- Obtain and maintain a high-level understanding of the business unit’s goals and strategies and utilize this knowledge to provide constructive consultation.
- Ensure effective communication and organizational change strategies are executed for applicable organizational talent programs, employee policies, employee initiatives or compliance activities.
- Support larger HR and organizational strategies and activities within assigned business unit for areas such as recruitment, talent development, employee engagement, total rewards and employee/labor relations. This may include strategy communication, new policy or procedure roll-out, training, benefits enrollment, health assessment coordination, new employee orientation, surveys, etc.
- Support enterprise-wide recruiting strategies to attract “best in class” talent; execute those strategies based on hiring needs to fill requisitions in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in recruitment campaigns, job fairs, college relations programs, and general networking to build robust candidate pipelines. Identify and build strategic relationships with local and regional diversity organizations, educational institutions, professional associations and community agencies to increase referrals and find opportunities to reinforce Boldt’s unique brand.
- Provide day-to-day performance management/employee relations guidance and coaching for the business unit. Specific activities may include coaching, career development, interpreting employee policies, compensation recommendations, investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Act as a liaison between operations and corporate HR to ensure the voice of the customer is heard and taken into consideration for planning and strategy creation.
- Remain up to date on new or changing laws, regulations and trends that impact regions of oversight; in conjunction with corporate HR and legal department, support compliance.
- Proactively understand market changes and identify trends in areas of responsibilities to create awareness and build efficiencies.
- Provide regional and corporate HR support as needed to champion OneBoldt and HR team success.
- Demonstrate behaviors and actions that align with the organization’s core values.
- Actively participate, as determined, in HR meetings, project meetings and operations team/leadership meetings
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or other related coursework.
- 7 years of general human resources experience; demonstrated ability as a HR Business Partner doing similar level activity.
- Labor relations experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated successful communication and collaboration skills supporting long-term relationships across the enterprise, and with HR Team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook etc.
- Experience in the A/E/C industry preferred.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.