Senior Production Manager - Construction Industry
Operations Support Services
Who We Are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and renewable energy.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How Your Role Fits Into Boldt:
The Senior Production Manager (SPM) leads the development and optimization of the production planning and execution of the project by challenging traditional approaches to fabrication, installation, and construction operations. The SPM will work directly with multiple small projects or one large project team to coach, lead and integrate the Boldt Production System (BPS), Safety, and Quality Management Systems. The SPM strives to execute Boldt best practices in production planning, workspace design, supply chain management, progress analysis, issue management and production control with the goal of uninterrupted workflow. The SPM will work with the Project Manager and Superintendent to support and encourage any members of the production supervision and Last Planners in their quest to achieve flow and improve the work environment and job satisfaction of the installer. The SPM will work as a conduit between all levels of management and empower team members to work together to challenge any inefficient work practices. The SPM is responsible for promoting a project culture of hands-on continuous improvement to increase predictability and optimize flow in construction.
This is a hands-on role, and the SPM will spend time both in the office and at the physical construction site.
What You Get To Do:
- Provide leadership for multiple small projects or one large project Production Team for the development of integrated production plans using the Boldt Production System (BPS).
- Develop and update safety, quality, and production visuals to promote continuous improvement of field operations and making problems visible.
- Lead training for Boldt and trade contractor staff to build capability to implement BPS; arrange for additional training or coaching as needed.
- Provide leadership to VDC/BIM staff to optimize the use of project models, and available VR and AR to support production planning and field execution.
- Lead “focus walks” and field observations with project staff to help analyze current state conditions, identify obstacles or problems, and help create plans for improvement.
- Actively work with the superintendents, foreman and craft workers to surface and identify issues, mistakes, challenges, obstacles, and waste in the work processes to facilitate solutions and continuous improvement.
- Assure periodic assessment of production, quality and supply chain system implementation to promote learning and continuous improvement.
- Provide facilitator coaching to the Project Managers, Project & Field Engineers and Superintendents.
- Support the development and implementation the Safety Management System
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics, and compliance requirements at all times.
- Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Boldt safety standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Support the development and implementation the Quality Management System
- Facilitate and participate in the Built-in Quality (BiQ) effort, including First Run Studies, visual displays, instruction/installation manuals, and other items necessary for building the project right the first time.
- Support inspection process to verify that all completed work aligns with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- Lead the development and implementation the BPS.
- Support and lead the scheduling and managing trade coordination meetings, look ahead planning meetings and daily huddles.
- Develop the production strategy per phase of work with the Project Managers and Superintendents…be the overall schedule gatekeeper.
- Actively work with the last planners to implement BPS and remove any constraints to improve production flow.
- Integrate the procurement schedule into the project production strategy to ensure material and trades are onsite when needed to execute the work.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date production visuals and site logistics plans.
- Setup the production tracking, production reporting and forecast processes.
- Analyze and communicate schedule risks and lead the development of mitigation plans.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in the areas of construction management, engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Seven to ten years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface, and communicate effectively with others.
- Strong logic and problem-solving abilities, solid technical/analytical skills and possess a high degree of personal motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and motivate colleagues and team to meet defined objectives, and proven track record of executing and achieving results across functional boundaries with minimal oversight.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills; friendly; able to empathize and build consensus
- Outstanding oral and written communication abilities as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor all Production Team members.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $123,900 - $163,300 per year. This range represents what The Boldt Company reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will be dependent upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, alignment with market data and internal equity as well as other business and organizational needs. Our expectation is that the incumbent will work on a project site in Oakland, CA office. If the incumbent works out of a different location, the anticipated salary range is subject to change.
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee occasionally uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 20 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor regularly. The employee is required to be able to effectively communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
Boldt does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.