Project Controls Specialist - Construction Industry
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and renewable energy.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
The Project Controls Specialist works closely with other project controls and project management teams to monitor project budget and schedule performance, prepare projections of potential results based on trending data, analyze deviations from expectations, and find opportunities for improving the outcomes of the project. Project Specialists will be involved in multiple phases of construction projects from award to close-out and will work with various systems and reports in the performance of project controls duties. Responsibilities may vary between working with a single large project or with multiple smaller projects simultaneously.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Assist project controls leadership in implementing control processes to achieve the financial and schedule objectives. Solicit current and forecasted cost information from all project-specific trade partners.
- Under direct guidance of Project Controls management, support fulfilling the contract's financial and schedule requirements.
- Work with various contract types such as lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, and integrated lean project delivery and apply control measures appropriate for each type of project.
- Carry out appropriate work breakdown structure of sub-jobs, cost codes, and categories to optimally manage the project budget, schedule, and production management processes.
- Review the project estimates with the project team to understand the scope, work breakdown structure, self-perform areas, subcontracted areas, and general requirements.
- Assist with project and job setup in the accounting system; including, job information entry, cost codes and categories assignment, and workflow key players designations.
- Participate in the development of project-specific plans for efficiently implementing appropriate controls processes and tools vital for achieving project financial and schedule objectives.
- Support creation and maintenance of project production management plan, including master schedule, production strategy, constraint removal, make work-ready, weekly and daily plan, and production tracking.
- Assemble and analyze productivity measurements and progress metrics to identify trends, and use expected future performance to forecast likely outcomes, then compare to estimated amounts to understand variances. Communicate findings to project leadership and together pursue opportunities for improvement.
- Compile earned value reporting by incorporating financial and schedule plan and performance information together in the form of percent earned graphs, labor curves, and cashflow graphs to communicate potential variances from expectations to the team.
- Assist project teams in analyzing costs for labor, materials, subcontracts, and general conditions to update the revenue, cost, and profit projection at completion and identify variances with the budget.
- Work with project management to identify deviations from contracted project scope and prepare documentation and pricing for submitting change requests to customers for compensation.
- Attend monthly project review meetings to discuss the status of financial and schedule performance, projections, cash position, labor, productivity, earned value, risks and opportunities; then develop strategies for achieving or surpassing objectives for these areas.
- Support project controls leadership in performing project accounting audits by customers as required.
- Complete financial reporting and analysis as necessary to support the project, operating group, and corporate objectives.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Project Controls, Business Administration, or Engineering. A combination of education, training, and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of related construction project controls experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting including A/P, A/R, and payroll.
- General knowledge of construction project controls principles and project management processes preferred.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word and Outlook, proficient in Microsoft Excel, familiar with project management systems, and knowledgeable of Power BI beneficial.
- This role may require a valid Driver's License and clear Motor Vehicle Report.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Company Provided Insurance (STD, LTD and Group Life Insurance)
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
- Potential Hybrid Work Agreement
The anticipated salary range for this position is $85,700 - $109,700 per year. This range represent what The Boldt Company reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will be dependent upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, alignment with market data and internal equity as well as other business and organizational needs. Our expectation is that the incumbent will work at our San Francisco, CA office. If the incumbent works out of a different location, the anticipated salary range is subject to change.
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee occasionally uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 20 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor regularly. The employee is required to be able to effectively communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
Boldt does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.