Who we are:
Build your career with Boldt. As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the construction industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities with a team that builds real value in the world around you. You’ll succeed in a workplace culture that recognizes, respects, and values differences. Boldt’s focus on innovation, collaboration, and employee development provides an opportunity for all our employees to Build Boldly.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Estimator I will assist in providing estimating services and expertise for a variety of market sectors and contract delivery methods with the goal of creating estimates that foster success through a OneBoldt approach while returning the planned profit to the company. Responsibilities include preparing, planning, organizing, and evaluating estimates, along with being engaged in the Target Value Design process to submit bids and responses to proposals. Remote role within Minnesota, travel to project sites within the state of Minnesota.
What you get to do:
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and other deliverables.
- Review drawings, specifications, and owner documents to establish scope of work contents for estimate and other respective deliverables.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed estimates which may include self-perform.
- Assist with takeoffs on assigned projects using OnCenter.
- Work with the project team to finalize documents for the specific deliverable.
- Support the team to capture the information required for presentations.
- Assists with Subcontractor solicitation and bid evaluation.
- Assist in the development of design options and best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Support project teams as required, which may include other types of projects and market sectors.
- Work on specific assignments to identify the material, equipment and respective labor for the given trade or scope of work.
- Support the Bid Solicitation process for the assigned projects. Gain the vital skills to properly use software and communicate with all subcontractors.
- Support the risk analysis process.
- Learn and apply the basics of conceptual estimating and cost modeling.
- Possess the traits that support a collaborative environment with a team-player attitude.
- Upload estimates to system. Assist with the organization and procurement of all estimating documents, deliverables and contract exhibits and attachments required for construction.
- Begin to understand the basics of all labor rates, self-perform productivities, and crew mixes.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related degree required. Equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience considered in lieu of a degree.
- One to two years of construction experienced preferred.
- The knowledge or mindset to interpret Construction Documents and understands the general principles of construction and the components of Sitework and Buildings are required.
- A strong understanding of excel spreadsheets and ability to learn takeoff and estimating software is required.
- Ability to develop proficiency in construction coding in MasterFormat and Uniformat.
- Detail orientation to manage and analyze data and promote complete and accurate work.
- Applicable mathematical and geometrical knowledge.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to effectively communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds. The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.