Field Engineer - Construction Industry (Traveling)
Who we are:
Build your career with Boldt. As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the construction industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities with a team that builds real value in the world around you. You’ll succeed in a workplace culture that recognizes, respects, and values differences. Boldt’s focus on innovation, collaboration, and employee development provides an opportunity for all our employees to Build Boldly.
How your role fits into Boldt:
As a Field Engineer for the Boldt Company, you will be assigned to the field operations team and will assist in obtaining, evaluating, and coordinating all information needed to construct our projects in accordance with the contract documents. Our Field Engineers have responsibility for the protection and promotion of the interests of Boldt on our projects every day. This role will collaborate with project management teams and assists in assuring that our work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible and is a critical contributor to our construction teams and spends most of the time on our construction sites.
What you get to do:
- Provide support to our superintendents and other field leaders as needed for the execution of our field work.
- Act as liaison with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Boldt job staff and owner’s representatives in resolving issues related to plans, specifications and field constraints or discrepancies.
- Facilitate and lead, or attend meetings with other contractors, clients, or A/E representatives to coordinate design and construction efforts.
- Develop reports such as labor, safety, quality control, Daily Construction Reports, status reports, punch lists describing work to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of project as-builts.
- Ensure strict alignment to our safety, ethics, and compliance requirements at all times.
- Help implement our site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with Boldt safety standards and all applicable safety codes and laws.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Boldt’s contract, plans, specifications, and applicable codes).
- Review contract drawings, specifications, and shop drawings to ensure accurate coordination and installation.
- Assist in the maintenance of contract documents and electronic web-based documents for field operations.
- Review all work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerances, aligns with applicable codes, drawings, and specifications.
- As required, assist in our quality management processes on site.
- Assist in updating and maintenance of the Boldt Production System (BPS)
- Attend field coordination meetings, planning meetings, look ahead planning meetings and daily check-ins as required. Be a problem solver focused on constraint removal.
- Assist in organizing site logistics as needed.
- Assist in tracking field labor for change orders and time and material contractors.
- May assist or lead daily time sheet entry for our self-performed work.
- Assist in calculation of daily production rates and unit costs for our self-performed work.
- Coordinate the close-out process. Prepare final records such as RFIs, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluate information to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Participate in risk management including identification, analysis, response planning and monitoring/controls on a project and demonstrate proficiency in understanding controls and processes for the project to take corrective actions when required.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree required; may consider a combination of education, training and/or experience in lieu of degree.
- Solid understanding of construction tools, equipment and techniques, drawings, and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to subject area.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interact and communicate optimally with others.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to position self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. Employee is occasionally required to ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The employee is required to be able to effectively communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
As an employee owned organization, along with a culture built around safety and team collaboration, we offer a variety of employee benefits. In addition to the standard health, 401K, and paid time off benefits, we also offer:
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company
- Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.