Intern/Co-op - Architectural & Virtual Design - Construction Industry
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we are a part of. We are looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and renewable energy.
As a member of the Boldt team, you will collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You will have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you will join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
Ready to thrive and begin to build an extraordinary career?! This internship or co-op is a project – based, educational opportunity intended to prepare students to enter in one the following professions within the construction or pre-construction industry:
You will spend time learning about Boldt’s approach to gain real-world experience by accomplishing some of the same responsibilities as our full-time employees. Our on-the-job experience will help prepare you for a successful career after graduation.
What you get to do:
The VDC Engineer Internship is structured to provide each intern with broad exposure to various aspects of VDC. The VDC team acts in support of operational project delivery and is a specialty role that leverages model-based workflows to solve project problems.
What we expect from you:
- Currently enrolled at an accredited college or university as a Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program. Preferred majors/concentrations in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related fields. Evidence of high academic achievement with current or prior elected leadership experience preferred. Passion and desire to work in the construction industry. Prior work experience, internship, or trade experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and ability to work optimally with minimum supervision.
- Self-starter/resourceful/tech savvy/problem solver/critical thinking
- Quality of work/optimizes work processes/cultivates innovation
- Flexibility/adaptability to change/forward-thinking learner
- Productivity/time management/punctuality/dependability
- Values differences/collaboration/establishes relationships/effective communicator
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls, self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces. Employee occasionally uses computer keyboard. This also may include ascending and/or descending on a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee must regularly life up to 20 pounds and occasionally move up to 50 pounds. May be required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor regularly. This role is to be able to optimally communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties. In addition, employee may remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work additional hours and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team-based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage and growth and challenging opportunities
- Housing and/or travel assistance (based on business need and location)
- Sponsored training opportunities, including working in a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Access to a coach/mentor
- Community engagement
- Co-op positions are eligible for some additional benefits.
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department. All qualified applicants are reassured to apply.
Boldt does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters.