Accounting Clerk (Construction)
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and renewable energy.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Accounting Clerk works directly with the construction project team(s) to provide project accounting support and complete project administrative tasks in the areas of accounts payable, customer billings, accounts receivable, basic general ledger accounting, cost accounting, and payroll processing. This role will be immersed in the construction project, with exposure to and support of the professional fields of project management, project controls, architecture, engineering, and construction.
What you get to do:
- Work with project controls and project management personnel to understand appropriate job codes, cost codes, and general ledger account codes for use in posting accounts payable, billings, and payroll transactions.
- Review material invoices to reconcile quantities and amounts with purchase orders and packing slips.
- Confirm accuracy of sales tax rates, calculations, and amounts on vendor invoices.
- Reconcile general invoices.
- Assist in reconciling vendor statements for billings including charges for union labor, non-union labor, materials, subcontracts, general conditions services, and construction rental equipment.
- Prepare customer billings in line with customer specified requirements outlined in contract agreement.
- Collaborate with project managers on accuracy of customer billings to ensure timely submission for payment.
- Coordinate with subcontractors on the timely submission of payment applications to be included in customer billing and on ensuring provided documentation aligns with customer requirements.
- Assist with entry of timesheets for union laborers on a daily and weekly basis.
- Works as a team player, being diligent and detail minded in approach to office duties, taking the initiative to address problems, and seeing tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
What we expect from you:
- Associate degree in accounting preferred; a combination of education/training and experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 1 year of related construction project accounting experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of construction project accounting principles and processes for accounts payable, customer billings, and payroll timesheets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel; and skilled in Adobe or Bluebeam PDF software.
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Company Provided Insurance (STD, LTD and Group Life Insurance)
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in Waukesha, WI. View the Google Map in full screen.