Senior Payroll Specialist - Remote / Hybrid
Who we are:
Honesty, fairness, hard work, performance, and the love of construction. At Boldt, these are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for forward thinking people who share in that dedication. An innovative and bold spirit, performance thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into a national leader in markets as diverse as healthcare, industrial, education, and renewable energy.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
How your role fits into Boldt:
The Senior Payroll Specialist will contribute to the successful completion of day-to-day payroll operations, for union and non-union, to ensure employees are paid timely and accurately and tax filings are completed as appropriate. This position will work on transactions such as daily off-cycle check processing, data entry into payroll systems, garnishment entry validation/calculations and tax reporting while maintaining a high level of customer service. Additionally, this role will serve as a resource for the payroll specialists, assisting with training, answering inquiries, providing guidance and problem solving. This position can be done remotely.
What you get to do:
- Partner in the entry, verification and reconciliation of union and non-union payroll processing.
- Resolve discrepancies by collaborating with internal and external agencies.
- Serve as a back-up for retro processing for union employees after wage rates and benefits have been updated by Labor Relations.
- Serve as a back-up for ETIME set-up for new hires and assign access to time approvers.
- Serve as a back-up for running Boldt Co payroll, early pays and approving early pays.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting, payments, and reconciliations.
- Lead and complete payroll wage attachment processing and related activities.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, assist with projects and additional payroll tasks as needed.
- Assist with year-end W-2 processing.
What we expect from you:
- Associate’s degree, preferably in a business-related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Five years of full-cycle payroll process experience required.
- Intermediate Microsoft O365 experience required.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Proven ability to work in a confidential setting.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
Physical requirements and working conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position for up to eight hours. The employee occasionally is required to move to access people or workspaces. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer. The ability to optimally communicate is required. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work inside an office environment. The environment for which this position functions may contain scents and fragrances. In this role, you may be requested to work overtime.
What we can offer you:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and robust team based environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Remote work is possible / Hybrid work schedule
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Company Provided Insurance (STD, LTD and Group Life Insurance)
- Wellness resources, including a health mentor, health assessments, maternity management, wellness challenges and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Opportunity to grow and persevere including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement opportunities and Paid Volunteer time off
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department.
This position is located in United States. View the Google Map in full screen.