Associate Branch Manager- Commercial Installation
The Installation Associate Branch Manager is responsible for assisting the overall planning and performance of the Installation Branch. This position is responsible for various Administrative and Management functions to support their position, some of which include Install Production Managers and Install Designer/Estimators. Other duties may be required as directed by the Branch Manager. This position is a supporting position to the Branch Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The duties of the manager consist of implementing all policies and procedures as they relate to sales, administration, and production.
- Ensure outstanding Quality is maintained through out the company at all times
- Coordinate and communicate with other branches and departments to promote the advancement of the entire company.
- Provide management of any needed subcontractors.
- Assist Branch Manager with overseeing Sales, Enhancements, and Production Managers to maintain quality and profitability.
- Keep the Branch Manager informed of all pertinent information regarding said Install Branch.
- Overseeing the continued needed for being on the forefront of the landscape industry.
- Development of positions from Level II- VI through training and coaching.
- Team cohesion within the Branch.
- Implement and supervise all aspects of horticulture on job sites.
- Continually improving horticulture knowledge through continued education, seminars and by seeking out Universities and industry leaders.
Administration and Accounting
- Assist with purchasing, invoicing, inventory, billing and collections for the Branch.
- Measure, record, and submit monthly branch inventory to Controller.
- Budgeting and cost controls for branch.
- Work with Branch Manager to interpret and understand key financial measurements of the branch.
- Use company systems to forecast and effectively communicate labor and material budgets for all crews as a guide for production.
- Act with initiative to ensure the integrity of data provided to accounting system (BOSSLM mobile timesheets, inventory and work orders)
- Work with General Manager, Branch Manager, Fleet Manager, and Production Managers to manage equipment inventory and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Act with initiative to see that accounting policies and procedures are being followed consistently.
- See that all Operations related entries are made using BOSSLM for effective communication, scheduling, and tracking of job issues.
- Interviewing, hiring, orientation, training, procedures, performance reviews and terminations.
- When needed, assist in management of workload adjusted headcount and budgeted vs. actual hours using tools such as KPI reports and past experience, at the direction of Branch Manager.
- Utilize KPI reports to forecast fluctuating human resource needs on a workload adjusted basis within the Branch.
- See that monthly budgeted hours are forecast and acted upon with initiative by each Production Manager within the branch and direct them in making necessary adjustments.
- Implementation and management of general safety program with guidance from Branch Manager.
- Supervision and development of personnel within the Installation Branch
Sales and Project Management
- Engages in effective project management by communicating effectively, fostering resolution to customer needs, and representing the company in a customer-centric way.
- Work with the Branch Manager to approve all proposals and contracts in your Branch and present to General Manager, Vice President for signature when required.
- Promote Install sales for the company. The branch will have a set sales goal for each year that is set by the General Manager, Vice President..
- Promptly address clients’ concerns and maintain excellent client relations.
- Participate in pre-job reviews with Production Managers, Estimators, and Sales staff.
- Monitor and track job costs, hours, and materials.
- Notify Estimator, Salesperson, and Branch Manager of any foreseeable project overruns.
- Participate in post- job reviews to analyze job performance.
- Ensure crews are equipped and informed in order to provide the safest, highest quality work in a productive and efficient manner.
- Supervise and train Installation Production Managers and assist with Foreman and crew members on all aspect of installation services including independent job planning and implementation.
- Support crews in all aspects of landscape installation.
- Perform and/or participate in crew level safety meeting.
- Understand job site readiness and working with site superintendents to better understand timelines.
- Maintain schedule while working with Production Managers, monitor work loads, and regularly review with Branch Manager.
- Review BOSS LM reporting, including KPI, time tracking, and PO’s.
- Safe driving of company owned vehicles, required truck and safety audits, and the safe transportation of materials and staff.
- Safely operate and train others on all equipment required to perform contracted work.
- Ability to properly read and execute a landscape plan follow specifications per contract.
- Coordinate and communicate with other Managers to promote the overall advancement of the company.
- Ensure Branch lockup/security.
- See that repairs are made to facilities and assets in a timely manner, using approved vendors, and within company guidelines.
- See that all vehicle and equipment repairs are made in coordination with the Fleet Manager.
- Insure the safe operation of all company owned assets.
- Safely drive company owned vehicles, and work with HR to ensure that all company approved drivers maintain a safe driving record by periodically reviewing MVR’s as provided by HR.
- $Dependent on Experience
- All positions have room for growth if the candidate meets the proper qualifications and has a positive attitude.
- If this is not the right opportunity for you then please check out our opportunities with Branches and Satellites across the state in: Apex, Clayton, Charlotte, Durham, Huntersville, Pittsboro, Seven Lakes, Supply, Wake Forest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bland Landscaping Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Must have a 2 or 4 year degree in related field or equivalent supervisory experience (preferably within BLC)
- Must have hands on knowledge of management and installation procedures
- Must stay abreast of industry and market specific trends
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns, ice and other environmental risks
- Must adhere to Bland Landscaping Company, Inc. policies.
- Must possess and maintain a NCDA pesticide applicator’s license
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Must assist in training of BLC employees
- Must work well with BLC customers
- Must seek out and be involved with Continuing Education opportunities
- Must network to promote BLC
- Must have a 2 or 4 year degree in related field and equivalent supervisory experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This position is located at 1200 Perry Road, Apex, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.