Landscape Installation Skilled Labor
The Landscape Installation laborer is a hands-on position which works under the supervision of the foreman installing plantings and lawns.
Include but are not limited to:
- Install plantings and lawns
- Digging, planting, raking, watering and clean up of landscapes
- Load and unload heavy equipment and planting materials from trucks
Safe operation of the following equipment:
- Mowers - push, walk-behind and riding
- Tills, aerators, slit seeders (On occasion wheel tractors)
- Edger, string trimmers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers
- Backpack sprayers and blowers
- Hand tools such as shovels, picks, rakes and pruning tools
- All positions have room for growth if the candidate meets the proper qualifications and has a positive attitude.
- If this is not the right opportunity for you then please check out our opportunities with Branches and Satellites across the state in: Apex, Clayton, Charlotte, Durham, Huntersville, Pittsboro, Seven Lakes, Supply, Wake Forest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bland Landscaping Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis including handling large root balls
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Must wear work boots, Bland landscaping uniforms and present yourself in a clean and polite manner
- Must practice safety with chemicals and equipment
- Must wear company-provided eye and ear protection as required
- Valid Driver’s license preferred but not required
- Must comply with Bland’s policies and procedures
- Ability to pass a background check is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This position is located in Durham, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.