The Irrigation Service Technician is a hands-on position repairing irrigation for commercial and residential landscape customers using the latest technology for Irrigation Systems. New/clean safe trucks, tools and equipment are the standard at Bland.
Include but are not limited to:
- Repair irrigation systems to perform properly
- Install irrigation as needed
- Load and unload heavy equipment and tools as needed
- Schedule and monitor daily work loads
- Bagged and Bulk Material Handling
- Plan, coordinate, and collect equipment and materials each day
- Attend and participate in crew and department general and safety meetings
- Submit daily Boss Mobile timesheets and record materials used for billing
- Administrative paperwork
- Truck and trailer standardization and cleanliness, maintain inventory for irrigation vehicles
- Safe driving of company owned vehicles (with or without trailers) and transporting crew members
- Use of technology for communication
- Communicate daily with Production Manager on progress and planning
- Daily start up and shut down procedures
- Job Quality
- Hours Management
- Maintain on site relations and communications with clients, contractors and/or subcontractors and internal customers
- Diagnose & repair controllers
Safe operation and maintenance of the following equipment:
- Landscape Construction Equipment including trenchers, tamps, excavator, skid loader, boring equipment
- Electrical diagnostic equipment including locators, multi meter, fault finder
- Pressure washer
- Hand tools such as shovels, picks, rakes and pipe cutting tools (saws and pipe cutters)
Crew Enforcement of:
- Positive Attitude
- Solid Work Ethic
- Uniform Policy
- Safety Policy
- All positions have room for growth if the candidate meets the proper qualifications and has a positive attitude.
- If this is not the right opportunity for you then please check out our opportunities with Branches and Satellites across the state in: Apex, Clayton, Charlotte, Durham, Huntersville, Pittsboro, Seven Lakes, Supply, Wake Forest.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- Bland Landscaping Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must wear work boots, Bland landscaping uniforms and present yourself in a clean and professional manner
- Must practice safety at all times
- Must wear company provided PPE
- Must have valid NC Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record
- Must have good communication skills and ability to motivate others
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must comply with Bland’s policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Irrigation Tech Experience - 1 - 2 years
This position is located in Charlotte, NC. View the Google Map in full screen.